Highest-mileage vehicle you have ever owned(does NOT have to be a GM t

gmctrucks2006

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first truck, a 99 silverado. The thing was a beast and never let me down for its own purposes, but because of myself for adding electrical things and not replacing a front wheel bearing (if it's making a roaring sound, you'll eventually be left with a wheel stanced like a ricer haha). New engine at 180k, I think original trans, I bought it at 222k, sold it at 251k and it ran stout. Loved that thing. Now have a 14 Silverado with 46k.

There was a 2000 Silverado at the office that had 450k when It sold... it was trashed as the warehouse workers would use it... went through a few transmissions, and maybe an engine

I've had a few high milers, my E150 had over 380k on the stock motor and trans. My old 1995 Dodge 2500 had 390k on it.

But the highest mile vehicle I had was a 1979 Mercedes 240D - It was a non-turbo 2.4L 4 Cylinder diesel with about 70HP stock, and not much left of it by the time it was handed down to me. That thing had 425k on it when the odometer broke while my grandma drove it. Then she gave it to my mom some years later, who handed it down to my when I started driving. I hated that car as much as I loved it. Being in school at the time, I was broke and needed something reliable, it could go for a month on a tank of diesel, which was great being short on money... but if you needed to pass someone you had to call and make reservations a week in advance. 0-60 time was about a minute and 15 seconds.

Now my current vehicles are a 1994 Dodge Dakota 4x4 5.2 with 205k on it, a 1993 Yukon GT with 254k on it, a 1998 Navigator with 220k on it, and my 1989 Firebird Formula with well over 250-300k on it. The odometer broke after I got it with 139k, and I've had it for 12 years, and been through 3-4 different iterations of builds in it. It has a junkyard build 5.3 with a cam and built automatic currently. I'll never sell that one.

My Silverado, well...only 650 miles on it so far in the week and a half that I've had it.

1977 Chevrolet half ton camper special. It was a 350, 4 barrel, bought used, don't remember mileage, sold at 320k miles. :happysad:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just noticed my 96 is at 364k.

better than new.(I am not kidding)

"wimpy" 305 bellowing the old iron thump. no limiters. 5 speed.. very slippery 5 speed.

my dad has a 2016, my brother a 2003.

My truck is still truly loved..it ends up the tow truck, the go to for everything.

we had all guessed hp by factory is about 50 off. It is a blast to drive.. 5100 pounds.

Archived