Found the governor limit this weekend.. ;)

So can someone verify the limit on the trucks stock without removing the governor?

If I noticed at the right time, it was roughly 100mph.

Just want to know.

Funny, this weekend I had more reason to get going that fast, long stretch, late, no cars around opened it up and found it quick..

But now I know.. once my warranty expires then ill be removing the limits and getting a custom tune for it.

• 1 year later...

I learned about this recently. Passing 2 cars on a good straight and my 6.2 got to 100mph quickly and it was like I ran into a wall. Talked to dealer and they can't do it, as GM will know and not approve, so I'll wait until the warranty runs out. I asked if the Corvette I was standing next to had a governor and they thought it was 199. :)

Just not sure why this truck would have it as the ride and handling are splendid at speed.

The Hypertech does it?

I learned about this recently. Passing 2 cars on a good straight and my 6.2 got to 100mph quickly and it was like I ran into a wall. Talked to dealer and they can't do it, as GM will know and not approve, so I'll wait until the warranty runs out. I asked if the Corvette I was standing next to had a governor and they thought it was 199. :)

Just not sure why this truck would have it as the ride and handling are splendid at speed.

The Hypertech does it?

Not trying to give you bad advice... but your 2016 6.2 silverado goes faster than 100 from the factory

... (112)

Gotta admit I wasn't looking at the speedometer when passing but it sure seemed like it was 100. A big surprise. I just think it needs to go faster than that because of the way it was accelerating.

Archived