Navigation system? Intellilink-mylink

Okay, who else on here was confused as to what kind of navigation system your truck has installed, or avaiable.

I was told I had a Navigation System. When really, I only have OnStar Navigation. Which in the typical description of a navigation system, it is not.

Anybody feel like they didnt know what they were getting in their $50,000 truck?

Ditto + an extra. I thought we were going to get to load apps via the radio to add features like Weather Channel, music services and even more navigation apps. I let the ugly radio that did noting be since the plan was to add the apps and it would become epic connected truck. Instead I have a radio that is impossible to turn off without shutting down the truck and opening the door.... Which I a, doing each time my iPhone 6 loses sync with it. I am planning my plan b. Buy an Verizon iPad mini and Velcro it over the original screen. Seems an odd fix but I will get every single promised app for my month old truck, CarPlay, fast LTE hotspot, Google navigation , Apple Music. I will lose my backup camera. But this $140 iPad and $5 Velcro will do the job along with a $20/mo prepaid sim from Verizon will slaughter the att coverage of onstar. It's sad that all the parts to fix this are there and they are reserving for the 2016

• 4 weeks later...

Instead I have a radio that is impossible to turn off without shutting down the truck and opening the door....

So somewhere else I read you hold the power button in for 2 secs and it shuts it down. Works nice but I don't really care I can mute, or pause, or whatever... Wish the steering wheel had a mute or pause on it. THAT would have been worth the 2 dollar membrane switch!

I just re-upped my xm radio and they charged me 24 dollars for one years worth of navigation. They said the navigation wouldn't work without it. I thought it was a GM installed navigation system.

Doubt that. If you have an 8" screen and a nav button and when you press the nav button on the home screen and you have a picture of a map, you've got all you need.

LOL you got pwned by a Bangalore XM rep.

I know XM used to have XM traffic but I don't know what that would do for you that the NAV wouldn't. I have real-time traffic info through the NAV that receives it OTA via the same freq that most GPS units get it through their little power cord antenna... Free forever. Get your freekin money back.

I have real-time traffic info through the NAV that receives it OTA via the same freq that most GPS units get it through their little power cord antenna... Free forever. Get your freekin money back.

Am curious what year/model truck you have. My initial XM trial expired the other day and my green/yellow/red traffic lines just happened to disappear at the same time, which would lead me to believe GM uses XM Traffic rather than over the air like my Hondas do.

2015 2500HD chevy built after aug 16.

Did you have to activate your XM trial? I never activated it and I've never tried to listen to it. Dont know if it works or not. Just not sure as I dont have access to my truck now. Getting a plow installed today/tomorrow. I will check it out. Just looks exactly like my Pioneer did and that data came from the same highway traffic information stream that is free to all. Peculiar if it is XMs data.

Hah wouldn't surprise me in the least that GM would do it that way. God damn 47.

STEELCITY: "They said the navigation wouldn't work without it.​"

Traffic data is one thing, but XM apparently told STEELCITY that the nav is broke without an XM sub??? That's just f'ed up sales ninja shit...

2015 2500HD chevy built after aug 16.

Did you have to activate your XM trial? I never activated it and I've never tried to listen to it. Dont know if it works or not. Just not sure as I dont have access to my truck now. Getting a plow installed today/tomorrow. I will check it out. Just looks exactly like my Pioneer did and that data came from the same highway traffic information stream that is free to all. Peculiar if it is XMs data.

Hah wouldn't surprise me in the least that GM would do it that way. God damn 47.

Great truck!

Not a fan of XM radio here. Never activated mine either (that I recall); don't care for low-res audio. Just happened to notice my traffic flow lines dropped off the nav screen the other day, and suspected right then that the nav unit was using XM Traffic for traffic flow info.

I may have a setting messed up, though, or OTA is spotty with the recent fog. Could very well by me, i.e., operator error. Just wanting to make sure I'm not missing a setting or something. Would love free traffic flow data through the nav screen! :fingersx:

So somewhere else I read you hold the power button in for 2 secs and it shuts it down. Works nice but I don't really care I can mute, or pause, or whatever... Wish the steering wheel had a mute or pause on it. THAT would have been worth the 2 dollar membrane switch!

You can mute using the end call button on the steering wheel.

If your truck has the true NAV option then from the home screen you will have the NAV button, if you don't have that button then the only NAV option you have inside of the truck will be thru OnStar.

If your truck has the true NAV option then from the home screen you will have the NAV button, if you don't have that button then the only NAV option you have inside of the truck will be thru OnStar.

I cannot wait to try it. Snow plow installer still has my truck dammit. That's SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO smart of GM. Never thought to try it and I did read all manuals cover to cover!

Archived