Sterring Issues

I'll try to make this short and to the point. I currently have a '05 GMC Sierra SLE CC with a little over 123k on it and it's been good so far other than a few things. One main thing that I have been having problems with is the steering. I recently just had my entire steering column replaced because of bad bearings inside of it. Before and after getting it replaced (more now than before) when I start the truck from a cold start and leave to go somewhere the steering is very tight and it seems to have a twitch or be jerky while at slow speeds. It seems to somewhat get better after awhile of driving, but is still there. My question is... has anyone had this issue and what did you do to remedy the problem. Also, after inspecting underneath the dash next to the steering column I noticed that there is some sort of electrical connection that maybe a steering speed sensor or position sensor that nothing is connected to it. I attached a photo of said connector. Let me know what it is and why there is nothing connected to it. Thank you.

post-79412-0-90762700-1444407560_thumb.jpg

Is this truck a 1500, 2WD? Does it have an electric power steering pump or a belt driven mechanical? The part in question is the steering wheel speed/angle sensor. Is there any wire harnesses, hanging, around the vicinity of said sensor that would plug into said sensor?

Archived