Proud to be an American

WLC

When I would drive the road up from Haines, Alaska, bald eagles would be in the trees overhanging the road along the river. I often wondered if they were discussing who could plant a good dump dead middle of the windshield. They were thick as flys on a bulls butt during the winter there. Could see them going after fish in the river along that road. Even though it is Alaska, Haines was in the panhandle and more moderate climate like Seattle.

Have seen a couple of them in my area in Iowa. They are getting more common.

Edited by Cowpie

360000 people in the US, can't be too proud to be an Americain if all you can produce for a president is those 2 ignoramoose. I'm sorry but I can't help thinking that I will be impacted by the next vote and to be honest I'm terrified at the outcome. Future looks gloom.

Well said. Voting is done for me. Sent in absentee ballot last week. No one from the two major parties got voted for up and down the line. Either did write in names or ignored some offices. Only part fulfilling on the ballot, like everytime, was the judge retention voting section. I always vote no for every judge position. They won't disclose their world view on how they look at the Constitution or the law, so they don't get an affirmative retention vote.

Edited by Cowpie

We saw one fly over the road on our way up to Owl's Head, ME last month. First time my wife had ever seen one. Wish I had cameras that could handle split-second power-ups and snaps. I got a pic of a pine tree ... :nonod:

Never saw one in my life until I went to live in Phoenix, AZ of all places. That was 17 years ago. Was a bald eagle nesting site right on the desert floor with the accompanying gov't warning signs - stumbled upon that while wheelin' in the desert. Wasn't expecting that!

Just a few years ago, I saw 3 of them in a few different MA lakes in one summer! Saw a juvenile flying by on one pond - didn't have the white cap yet, but WOW was he huge! On that same lake, we saw a pair of mature ones, that same day too.

Saw a mature bald eagle knock a trout out of an osprey's talons, then dive and grab it just 50' away from my dad and I in the boat! That was friggin great!! Again .... slow electronics. That would've been a viral video for sure. By the time my 9 year old flip-phone got to the picture section, they were both gone.

• 4 weeks later...

Where eagles fly everything will come together. Do your part, work hard,pray,vote, and let's get going again. Hoping Trump's dream team will lead with a strong hand. Stars and Stripes will overcome! Watch out for your friends and neighbors and our vets. Proud to be in the good old USA.

Edited by WLC
  • Like 1

Well, just went to see Hacksaw Ridge at the theatre. While I had my own little adventures with the military, good and bad, I like to always look back and see how others that came before me stood up paid the price for me to be sitting at my laptop and writing this. No matter what some of us may have done in the military, and those that never served, we are Americans and we need to be reminded from time to time that this greatest experiment in history, America, is something bigger than our own little self interests. This is why I have held the conviction that to truly thank a vet, keep in mind what they did to get you where you are, and take that realization into the ballot box along with a sense of what Americanism truly means. Not some stupid stuff like having government manage your life from cradle to grave, pay your college tuition for a degree that has no beneficial value, and stick it to those that you don't care for. Liberty implies responsibility.

I didn't vote for DT or Clinton. But DT won, now he needs to own it and do what is right. I didn't care for the bravado on the campaign trail, but now that he will be in the office, he needs to truly bring some of that out in dealing with the knot heads in Congress and various government agencies. You have to drain the swamp to identify and kill the alligators, and D.C. is one massive swamp.

Edited by Cowpie
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Christmas is coming! Merry Christmas everyone! Notice my spelling of Christmas!

Merry Christmas! Disregard Grinch above. Always one in every group.

I am proud to be an American. Sounds like someone needs to start his own thread! Maybe ( Gruppy) (Nothing good to say) (Borred and bad)( Give me another beer) (Lazy draws company)