Proud to be an American

WLC

One last time....

The president does not write tax law, the congress does. DT can only influence them. They can tell him to go play on the highway or go along. It is their call, not his.

DT cannot dictate where a company chooses to do its thing. He can try and convince congress to pass legislation more favorable to keeping business here, but has no control over individual business decisions on where they set up shop.

As for regulation control, he can only control agency inspired regulation. Regulation that comes from congress he has no ability to nullify without being subject to impeachment.

And anything he tries to do on his own can be stopped by congress if they do choose. The only way a president can do something is if congress doesn't stop him, which was the major factor in how Obama did what he did. A willing, spineless congress and a amiable judiciary.

Edited by Cowpie

Ok he has no power. I guess he's tricking Ford, GM, Japan, the labor unions, IBM. Major companies are lining to get on the Trump train. You wouldn't hear that on CNN. Like I said we'll see. Really done now.

Colossus, Sorry I missed wishing you a "Merry Christmas" two months ago but let me make up for it now :)

Baah -- humbug to you ! Now you should feel better :):) By the way I ordered a 2017 Canyon Denali for my Christmas present. It will be better than the lump of coal I got in Dec.

Colossus, Sorry I missed wishing you a "Merry Christmas" two months ago but let me make up for it now :)

Baah -- humbug to you ! Now you should feel better :):) By the way I ordered a 2017 Canyon Denali for my Christmas present. It will be better than the lump of coal I got in Dec.

I forgive you. And Merry Christmas to you as well.

The Clinton News Network is surprised any time anyone agrees with anyone who ISN'T a moonbat progressive ...

It was a great speech, irregardless if one agrees with everything in it or not. A lot of it, I hope he can sway the political class to go along with and get it done.

• 2 months later...

Well said. Remembering those I served with. Some who never came home. Keep a thought and a prayer for those currently serving. A great new generation of Americans protecting us. America has always produced quality people who realize there is something more important than their own selfish interests.

• Like 1

My street was alive with American flags today in addition to the one i fly every day. Made me proud to have served and remember those who are no longer with us.

• Like 1

Seen the national bird today(Bald Eagle) within a mile of my house today! What a sight! Glad I live in the good old USA! Repeated the national anthem! Never seen one in the 45 yrs I have lived here. Take a deep breath and say thanks to all that serve and protect this great nation. God Bless America! He was having squirrel for supper!

Love this! God Bless the USA!

squirrel for supper! LOL!

God will only bless the USA if we deserve it and earn it. Too many out there who go out and knowingly do stupid stuff and then say God bless the USA.

• Like 1

Well, we kicked God out of our schools. We kicked God out of government. We have kicked God out of our national dialogue. We have just about kicked God out of our entire national existence, and then we want God to bless the USA. Tough sell. It wasn't all that long ago, President Franklin Roosevelt (a Democrat no less!) actually led the nation in prayer on D-Day, June 6, 1944 in a live broadcast. Can you imagine that happening today? Oh, the outrage that would ensue. A president doing that today would be vilified and there would be calls for impeachment.

Interesting observation I found recently.......

Poem - Don't Blame Me (Lubeck, Germany)
"Ancient words of a centuries old poem carved in a gothic, medieval alphabet on a towering, ornate cathedral door right in the heart of Lubeck, Germany. Translated into modern English, the words take the form of a frightening poem. Here is what the poem says:" (Source - Twilight's Last Gleaming - By: Dr. Chuck Missler)

You call me eternal, then do not seek me
You call me fair, then do not love me
You call me gracious, then do not trust me
You call me just, then do not fear me
You call me life, then do not choose me
You call me light, then do not see me
You call me Lord, then do not respect me
You call me master, then do not obey me
You call me merciful, then do not thank me
You call me mighty, then do not honor me
You call me noble, then do not serve me
You call me rich, then do not ask me
You call me Savior, then do not praise me
You call me shepherd, then do not follow me
You call me the Way, then do not walk with me
You call me wise, then do not heed me
You call me Son of God, then do not worship me
When I condemn you, then do not blame me.
Edited by Cowpie
  • Like 3