2016 Taillights

• 1 month later...

Just a follow up. I have ordered a set of 2016 silverado LTZ tail lights today. Not sure when they'll show up but when they do im really hoping they are just a plug and play situation. At worst im hoping it'll just be a hyper-flash issue that can be solved with a resistor.

Just a follow up. I have ordered a set of 2016 silverado LTZ tail lights today. Not sure when they'll show up but when they do im really hoping they are just a plug and play situation. At worst im hoping it'll just be a hyper-flash issue that can be solved with a resistor.

I know the new Sierra tails are not PnP. Not sure about the Silverado. GMC uses the new round plug on the 16's so you would need to repin or fab a harness. (I tried putting my buddies 16 taillights in my 14 sierra)

damn man, all this time and NOW somebody chimes in lol.

As long as all the connections are there, im sure making a pnp adapter harness cant be to hard.

The GMC though, i think has the new style light on ALL the model of trucks. Where as the chevy, it is ONLY offered with an LTZ..so i would assume as others have said in here..that being the case and all the other model trucks still being a bulb setup..their is probably a harness from the body harness, to the light housing. I dont think they would change the harness for JUST the LTZ models. Then again..guess i'll find out here soon enough!

Edited by Liquidfx17

Yeah Silverado will be the same as the Sierra. It will not be plug and play.

You will need to wire in resistors as well because the BCM senses the resistance from a normal filament bulb. LED's do not provide near the load. New trucks with LED's have a fault detect circuit.