Cab lights after purchase?

• 4 weeks later...

Just installed the recon smoked cab lights on my 15 2500hd came out perfect ,!!! Wiring was a bitch because it's not as simple as splicing into the parking light wire in the fuse block because the fuses are always hot and they would be on all the time that way because the body control module is what controls that. So I spliced me into my parking light off my headlight for now till I figure it out so it can work with my key fob and such. They work great but just not with my key fob entry lights . So any help?

• 1 month later...

Nice!!!!! I think I will look into this now. The lights were the only option on my list that I did get.

please get correct harness and gem lights.. dealer will need vin for the harness.. don't let anyone splice into the wiring

• 1 year later...

Just installed the recon smoked cab lights on my 15 2500hd came out perfect ,!!! Wiring was a bitch because it's not as simple as splicing into the parking light wire in the fuse block because the fuses are always hot and they would be on all the time that way because the body control module is what controls that. So I spliced me into my parking light off my headlight for now till I figure it out so it can work with my key fob and such. They work great but just not with my key fob entry lights . So any help?

Little late but want to throw this out here... 'purple with gray' wire in passenger side fuse panel harness is the switched parking lamp circuit. Might be the most accessible harness on the truck. I wired my mirrors to it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I live in Columbia SC and the dealer farms his body work out, so I had this done by an excellent body shop with the appropriate jigs etc. to make the square (yes square) holes and yes the headliner had to be removed. Good luck! Next up are bolt amber lights on the lower air dam and running lights on the step brackets.

I know this is an old thread but what shop installed the lights for you? I also live in Columbia. Just got a 2500 high country and looking to get cab lights installed. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Columbia SC and the dealer farms his body work out, so I had this done by an excellent body shop with the appropriate jigs etc. to make the square (yes square) holes and yes the headliner had to be removed. Good luck! Next up are bolt amber lights on the lower air dam and running lights on the step brackets.

Sounds like a well equipped shop.

i have worked for a gm dealer for over 10 years, never seen cab lights leak.

My 2011 (bought new in 2010), had a leak into the cab early last year. The centre lamp lens had a slight crack. Replaced the assy & no leaks afterwards.

Did you install them yourself? If so how did you drill the square hole?

How to 'drill' a square hole? Layout the hole locations & centre pop the hole 'centres'. Drill a round hole slightly smaller than the size of the square hole. W/ a small square or triangular file, file away mat'l to make the hole square & of the proper size.

No fancy tools are needed, just that working on the cab roof (especially the centre area) isn't the easiest.

• 9 months later...

Archived