2016 2500HD Pricing

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want to make this political either.

I just believe ALL new trucks are EXTREMELY OVERPRICED and that it is not only a hardship for working people who NEED a truck they actually use for their livelihoods, instead of drive it as a status symbol, but that this is a destructive trend.

I will refrain from further posts in the regard of the economy.

I just believe ALL new trucks are EXTREMELY OVERPRICED and that it is not only a hardship for working people who NEED a truck they actually use for their livelihoods, instead of drive it as a status symbol, but that this is a destructive trend.

But this is pretty much for everything we buy

But this is pretty much for everything we buy

That is mostly true. From beef, to coffee, to tonneau covers, to trucks, prices are getting higher all the time. But there always seems to be an offset - gas/oil, grain prices, etc.

Now that being said, I do agree with Frugal that these truck prices are getting out of hand. As a matter of fact, I made a comment in another thread a while back that at $50k+ for a new truck, it'll get to the point where most of us will only be able to get WT trim. Not to mention the cost of a Duramax!

I was fortunate to get solid discounts and a really good trade-in to make my new HD (gasser) truck a possibility.

I don't want to make this political either.

I will refrain from further posts in the regard of the economy.

A double cab long box 2WD 2500HD with gas engine in WT trim lists for about $35k. Take off some discounts and the truck isn't that expensive. It would equate to less than $25k in the year 2000.

GM's massive profit margins on trucks are made on all of the fancy options that aren't required for a work truck- nav screens, leather seats, premium trim levels, etc.

A double cab long box 2WD 2500HD with gas engine in WT trim lists for about $35k. Take off some discounts and the truck isn't that expensive. It would equate to less than $25k in the year 2000.

GM's massive profit margins on trucks are made on all of the fancy options that aren't required for a work truck- nav screens, leather seats, premium trim levels, etc.

8 years ago, my extended cab listed at a touch over 40k, but that was a 4x4, Duramax, now you have a 2WD gas WT mid 30's? Too much...

New trucks have gone way up in price for no other reason than people will pay it...

Well, there is some truth to that. The key maxim in business is to charge whatever the market will bear. And GM is playing that song, every chord and note. As long as they are selling these pickups at these prices, there is no incentive for them to do anything different. I basically do the same thing with freight rates. I start high and make the person at the other end work up, and we meet somewhere in the middle, which is higher than average, and I have conditions factored in, like $50 an hour for any delays at either end. Much as I am not a Donald Trump fan, he lays it out pretty good in the Art Of the Deal book of his. This is why I start out ridiculously low on my offer for a new vehicle, and I always do not complete the deal till the next day. No matter what level we are at, I always tell the dealer I am going to sleep on it a night and then let them know. And always, the option to walk away is close at hand. I always return the next day and say yes or no. Just the one night waiting will cause them to sometimes sweeten the pie. They want to sell a vehicle, they have to convince me it is worth it to me to buy it. That is a tough one for any salesman. Never, but never, go into a dealership and even hint that you are definitely in the market for something different. Always just looking at what the new vehicles have and such.

Alas, the greedy maggots can keep their overpriced rolling recalls.

A friend of mine had a relative pass and am picking up a 10 yr old 4x4 crew cab, truck with less than 50k miles for $12k cash.

Local dealer offered him more than that outright, but they screwed him over on his wifes Acadia so I got a great deal.

It only goes to show what goes around, eventually comes around, and if your a lying scumbag snake, ripoff artist, thief then eventually you will meet your match.

Archived