Get Ready For A 2016 GMC Canyon Denali

Gorehamj

post-139450-0-66417800-1445370299_thumb.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
10/20/2015

GMC's Denali trim is a big seller and an even bigger profit generator for the brand, so it is no surprise that Canyon Denali test-mules have been spotted and photographed running around Detroit. Sharp-eyed GM-Trucks.com readers will know that our image above is not a Denali (the grill is wrong). The spy image is over at Automotive News.

GM is now in a quandary of sorts. The factory cannot produce any more Canyon/Colorado trucks, yet the company keeps adding newer exciting models (Duramax, Denali). Our own Zane Merva sat with GM's Mark Reuss this past week and asked about that. See his reply here. One thing we wonder about is a possible GMC Canyon Denali Duramax. If that truck was built it would be the pinnacle of the line and could top $50K. Is that just too much for a mid-size truck, regardless of its pedigree?

50K is way too much for a truck any way you look at it... even a full size!

RT

and the Silverado High Country tops $65K! the Top of the Line Escalade Platinum is Pushing Almost SIX Figures! GM has to Pay for the EPA, all of the Recalls, and the UAW Somehow!

Why would anyone in the correct state of mind pay $50,000 for a 'mid sized' pickup? These manufacturers are really getting out of control with their MSRP pricing. It won't be long and we will be seeing $100K window sticker prices on top trim levels on the full size pickups. It may sound crazy right now but it will happen!

Sent from my crappy iPhone 6

using Tapatalk

Why would anyone in the correct state of mind pay $50,000 for a 'mid sized' pickup? These manufacturers are really getting out of control with their MSRP pricing. It won't be long and we will be seeing $100K window sticker prices on top trim levels on the full size pickups. It may sound crazy right now but it will happen!

using Tapatalk

Don't worry, in a few months it would have massive incentives like every other overpriced domestic.

using Tapatalk

if you Option Out a Escalade ESV Platinum JUST RIGHT, it WILL Go Over $100K, and I have the Screenshot to PROVE IT:

Escalade%20ESV%20Platinum%20Insane%20MSR

Some people may not want or have the need for a full-size. So if somebody wants to drop 50 or 60 grand on a mid-size pickup then they should be able to do just that. It won't hurt my wallet! Haha

These prices are getting beyond ridiculous. A few years ago I wouldn't have believed we'd ever see a $50,000 pickup, now they're just blowing thru that. They are pricing me out of the market.

I don't understand how the price of nearly everything we buy keeps going up, yet the government tells us that because oil and gas prices came down there is just no inflation.

These prices are getting beyond ridiculous. A few years ago I wouldn't have believed we'd ever see a $50,000 pickup, now they're just blowing thru that. They are pricing me out of the market.

I don't understand how the price of nearly everything we buy keeps going up, yet the government tells us that because oil and gas prices came down there is just no inflation.

I agree with you 100%

Archived