Hey ladies and gents,

Wondering if anybody can shed some light on a couple issues I have (pun intended).

Anyways I bought a led headlight kit with canbus adapter and fogs for my '15 Sierra and have a couple issues:

- the led headlight install was simple except from what I read the led's should be clocked at 9 and 3 when locked in. When i put them in, they fit in at 9 and 3 and when locked in they are more at 2 and 8 any remedy for this?

- the canbus adapter to truck harness is opposite. The red wire matches the red wire but the locking "nub" is on the opposite side of the clip. How do I correct this?

- the led fogs will not clip in no matter what I do. They're orintated correctly and I have even swapped the o rings from the factory bulbs. They just won't clip in.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.

I had the same problem with the headlights and could not get them locked in at 3 and 9 and after driving with them i really don't think it matters all that much. I even turned them while pointed at a wall and at the 3 and 9 position and fully locked they were about the same.

As for the canbus adapter send it back or toss it aside, you will not need it.

as for the fogs i do not know, i have the dally D2 LED cubes and am very happy with those.

I trimmed the ridges off of the sides of the 5202 and then pushed the center of the clips down. They fit right now, but still are a little larger than the housing allows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really appreciate the replies guys, thank-you very much!!

1BADTIE: I can't toss the canbus aside, I am in Canada and have DRL (daytime running lights). It's my understanding that if I get rid of them, they will flicker? Is this accurate? as I would very much like to get rid of them, i's a lot to stuff in the light housing.

DAP56: what ridges do you mean? I would very much like to get them in and matching my headlights. Is there any way you could get a me a pic?

Thanks again!!

For the fogs I pulled the o-ring out of the grove and pushed it all the way back against the base and the it snapped right in.

I have my led headlights at the 3 and 9. They are not locked down. Don't know why yours would go in at that position.

I really appreciate the replies guys, thank-you very much!!

1BADTIE: I can't toss the canbus aside, I am in Canada and have DRL (daytime running lights). It's my understanding that if I get rid of them, they will flicker? Is this accurate? as I would very much like to get rid of them, i's a lot to stuff in the light housing.

DAP56: what ridges do you mean? I would very much like to get them in and matching my headlights. Is there any way you could get a me a pic?

Thanks again!!

I have DRL as we'll and no flickering, if you read around lots of others here have posted up not needing the canbus

I don't think they are different brightness DRL vs night lights. I have the headlights in now. Super bright but they don't reach out far on the road. Love the led fog lights, will be swapping out the low beams with the FXR and HIDs at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived