POST PICTURES OF YOUR BODY LIFTS (2014+)

With the 1.5 you wont really notice the hitch issue. On a 3 inch whether they paint it or not it's going to look like crap IMO. They are likely going to install rubber gap guards in the fender wells which prevent you from seeing the day light between the frame and bed and are not super noticeable. You can pull the hitch off and take it to a good fabricator to modify it so that it sits like factory with the body lift. The one thing you can't do anything about is the amount of frame that's exposed and the fact you'll see the body mount perches. This has always been the downfall of the 3" body lifts. The truck below has a 3 inch body you can see the frame ebrake cables. you can cover some of it up with running boards. Doesn't look terrible but far from factory and not 110% meant to be that way. When the truck is new and everything is a nice dark black it looks fine but as the truck ages and the frame gets dirty is when it starts to look worse and become more noticeable. If you want to go that high you're better off spending another 500 bucks and going with a fabtech 4 inch or RC 5 inch suspension lift IMO.

I couldn't agree more with lifting through a quality suspension setup. However, right, wrong or indifferent; I just can't wrap my head around the fact that any of the quality 4-5'' lifts require cutting/grinding of factory components to the point that reverting to stock can't be done. I originally had chosen the zone 4.5'' until the installer mentioned it requires cutting out the factory cross memeber. This is my first truck but I come from a background of heavily modified Subaru STI's where there was no level of modification (no matter how great) where returning to stock couldn't easily be done. I guess I'm just not ready for that level of commitment yet lol.

Really want 4'' of lift in terms of my desired stance but maybe I'll need to make some concessions one way or the other

They're shitty photos but here are a couple of rear shots with a 1.5 BL. Furthermore I had to adjust the rear exhaust hanger and pound on it so it would pull up the exhaust, otherwise it looks goofy hanging so low.

Thank you very much! Then 1.5" might be the happy median for me. It'd look completely normal if I didn't know any better

• Like 1

I couldn't agree more with lifting through a quality suspension setup. However, right, wrong or indifferent; I just can't wrap my head around the fact that any of the quality 4-5'' lifts require cutting/grinding of factory components to the point that reverting to stock can't be done. I originally had chosen the zone 4.5'' until the installer mentioned it requires cutting out the factory cross memeber. This is my first truck but I come from a background of heavily modified Subaru STI's where there was no level of modification (no matter how great) where returning to stock couldn't easily be done. I guess I'm just not ready for that level of commitment yet lol.

Really want 4'' of lift in terms of my desired stance but maybe I'll need to make some concessions one way or the other

Thank you very much! Then 1.5" might be the happy median for me. It'd look completely normal if I didn't know any better

You don't have to cut out the cross member, You have to cut the ear that the cross member mounts to, the cross member bolts in but the ear is in the way of dropping the front differential. In acutality to go back to stock you just weld that ear back on and bolt the cross member back in. Some lifts require other things to be trimmed but nothing that would prevent the truck from being returned to stock. A good friend of mine owned a offroad shop for quite a while and he returned a lot of lifted IFS trucks back to stock by welding the ear back in place.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my 1.5 in body lift with bilsteins on all four corners. Pics aren't great because of the steep driveway but thought I'd share anyway. Front shocks are on the second to highest setting so still have a minor rake which I like.

2014 1500 LTZ 4x4 with a fresh coat of wax. Next up is bigger tires. Thinking Terra grapplers 285/65/20 on stock rims. Thoughts? Anyone recommend a different all terrain tire?f56127e8755114500ad0b8b0e6571e2f.jpg41b62180cd53f5fee527ac2743654da9.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Here's my 1.5 in body lift with bilsteins on all four corners. Pics aren't great because of the steep driveway but thought I'd share anyway. Front shocks are on the second to highest setting so still have a minor rake which I like.

2014 1500 LTZ 4x4 with a fresh coat of wax. Next up is bigger tires. Thinking Terra grapplers 285/65/20 on stock rims. Thoughts? Anyone recommend a different all terrain tire?f56127e8755114500ad0b8b0e6571e2f.jpg41b62180cd53f5fee527ac2743654da9.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Looks great, I love those stock wheels. Lot of people love those terra grapplers but I feel they're a little plain looking, not very aggressive. Lots of other options out there to consider. Cooper ST Maxx, nitto Exo Grappler, Ridge Grappler. I just got Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws in 305/65/18 and they look a lot more aggressive in person than online and definitely more aggressive than the terra grapplers other guys at work have. To each their own though. Post when you get some new treads
  • Like 1

photo-thumb-144203.jpg?_r=1441765253 I added a performance accessories 5 in left. 2 inch suspension with a 3 inch body lift. I'm thinking about adding a Zone 5 inch suspension lift and 35-37 inch tires.

photo-thumb-144203.jpg?_r=1441765253 I added a performance accessories 5 in left. 2 inch suspension with a 3 inch body lift. I'm thinking about adding a Zone 5 inch suspension lift and 35-37 inch tires.

can we see some more pics of this truck..... please make them bigger also.. I want to see what a 3" body lift looks like on these trucks. Thanks

can we see some more pics of this truck..... please make them bigger also.. I want to see what a 3" body lift looks like on these trucks. Thanks

+1

Picture of the rear please! Want to see how the tow hitch/spare tire looks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't like seeing the frame, but the nerf bars hides it fairly well

That's good to hear as I was already hoping that! What's your opinion on the rear? Do you mind more of the receiver being visible or the spare tire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be honest, I don't really even think about the rear...I rarely ever look at it. If I do look at it it's because I like the way my tips come out the back.

• 2 months later...

Finished my rough country 1.25 inch body lift this weekend took about 7 hours working by myself. The truck looks great with that and my 2 inch level. I also have a 2 inch rear block and airbags installed. Still on stock tires waiting for my 295/65r18 duratracs to show up. Truck is dirty in the picture but that's the price you pay to live on a dirt road in the woods.

Looks good !... What size are those tires?