Do I sell my '06 Duramax to upgrade to a 2015 Duramax?

I apologize for not posting much. Quite frankly I bought a 2006 GMC Duramax, joined the forum, did a couple upgrades and have since drive the truck without a single issue for the past 140,000 miles, so I haven't had a need to. It's by far the best vehicle I've ever owned. I'm now contemplating selling the 2006 to upgrade to a newer truck. Being a pre-EPA bullet-proof pick-up, is it crazy to get rid of this thing, even if I'm getting offers on a 9 year old truck for $30k? I live in Alaska, where -40* start-ups happen and need reliability. With all the new EPA add-ons, I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not. Thanks,

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would check the balance rates of the injectors in your truck, change every fluid and filter, and ask again in another 100,000 miles.

Do you run the GM cold weather power steering fluid in your truck? If not you should drain and fill with it as it steers great even when in sub zero.

Speculation is obviously higher output numbers for the dmax and also an 8 or 9 speed Allison transmission. Again, this is all speculation

Agreed, lots of speculation (and wishful thinking) out there. It should be interesting to see where they go.

Wow, thanks for the feedback all and reaffirming my decision to keep the LBZ and see what's to come. Jim Bob, yes running cold weather power steering fluid and one of the first things we do is replace all the hydro lines with custom arctic rated lines. Some have had issues with the stock GM ones leaking. We replaced them right after delivery and this thing has never dripped a drop in many sub zero winters.

There will be a new engine for the next HD's too.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I have mixed thoughts on DOD and DI motors, more power and mileage yes but will it make it 300,000+ like these old 6.0's do? Give me the underpowered gas hog!

The current Duramax and Allison has all the power and gears ever needed, I could care less about more gears and power, just make it trouble free!!!

Archived