Do I sell my '06 Duramax to upgrade to a 2015 Duramax?

I have mixed thoughts on DOD and DI motors, more power and mileage yes but will it make it 300,000+ like these old 6.0's do? Give me the underpowered gas hog!

The current Duramax and Allison has all the power and gears ever needed, I could care less about more gears and power, just make it trouble free!!!

Completely understand what your saying, all I can say is time will tell. Im also very interested in seeing how these ecoboost engines last too. GM does need to up the towing on the HD's though.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GM has done cold weather testing on the new Diesels, it's not like the just come up with an idea and put it on the market, they think of all the scenarios the truck will see. If I were you though I would wait and see what the new generation has to offer or if you can find a really good deal on a 15 or 16

While the LBZ is a great truck, no question, after spending time driving and now owning an LML it's a no brainer for me.. The fully boxed frame and updated brakes and fully redesigned chassis is way better then the pre 11 trucks. Also a fully deleted LML isn't so bad either.. Recommend driving one before you cross it off. You'll need a new truck at some point.

Anyway I'd wait for the redesign, I think in 17 there's finally gonna be Updates to the LML

I'm kind of in the same situation as the OP, but with no real need to sell.

My 07 LBZ only has 27,000 miles on it since its just used in summer to tow the 5th wheel.

I don't think I have gone camping one time without someone seeing it and wanting to buy it on the spot.

Sadly every time I get the urge to shop for something new, the price tags make me stay put.

Its crazy to think that you can't get a decent half ton gasser for what I paid for my LBZ 8 years ago new...

I'm kind of in the same situation as the OP, but with no real need to sell.

My 07 LBZ only has 27,000 miles on it since its just used in summer to tow the 5th wheel.

I don't think I have gone camping one time without someone seeing it and wanting to buy it on the spot.

Sadly every time I get the urge to shop for something new, the price tags make me stay put.

Its crazy to think that you can't get a decent half ton gasser for what I paid for my LBZ 8 years ago new...

I'll buy it off you lol

Loved my LBZ, I would buy another if miles were right. I love the duramax period. My 06 I loved. My new one is great but LBZ would run. 1efe7a81b2eab2c0beb499324d135fa0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LML will run also if your willing to take the risk. Just saying.....

LML will run also if your willing to take the risk. Just saying.....

Don't forget to head stud it and do a CP3 swap while you are at it.

I like the LML and LOVE the HD chassis, just wish a few of the other items were corrected.

Test drive a 2015.5 duramax- no noise, no smell......a cab that is REALLY comfortable.....

I have driven one, my brother-in-law has a big farming operation and he gets a new truck (always Duramax) every year or two.

The truck is really nice, but the DPF/EGR/CP4 really ruin it for me knowing I have to deal with all that, plus all the cost it adds.

He even admits that his old LBZ (of course with my 80hp tow tune I loaded for him) was a much stronger truck and the best of the bunch he has had.

I know its not GM's fault what the EPA did, but to think about what could have been with an evolved non-emission LBZ makes me sad...

What's crazy is my biggest complaints with the old trucks is the front end and brakes, come to find out you can completely swap the '11+ brakes onto the old trucks and the front end can be beefed up beyond a new one making a old Duramax still a great truck.

Archived