Do I sell my '06 Duramax to upgrade to a 2015 Duramax?

Know of any threads on the Internet of the brake upgrade?

There was a write up on dieselpage or Duramax forum, don't forget you can also add the exhaust brake to your current truck, noting more then electronics as it keeps the torque converter locked and keeps the veins shut all the way down in the turbo.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hell no! I did it, as much as I like my truck I miss my 06. My 06 just had that go my 15 lacks. If I could have put 10K into my truck I would be stylin. LBZ is a great engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

make up for what you feel the 15 lacks, if you dare! PPEI got 500hp / 920tq out of just a tuned and deleted 2016 LML

http://www.duramaxforum.com/forum/2011-lml-performance-parts-discussion/711506-ppei-first-tuned-2016-duramax.html

I disagree, punch at 70mph and it lags big time. My LBZ would take off. All stock

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a big tune on my LBZ (will drain the rails on a long pull) and it blows my mind how hard it runs, throttle response is like a gas big block, wonder if a tuned LML feels the same?

I have a 2015 as well as a 2007 LBZ. Different trucks for sure. The 2015 is awesome as far as interior and creature comfort, but my LBZ flat out rips......

I'll never sell my LBZ......

Stock tune in the LML was horrid, the TM was so bad, merging on highways was brutal. The LMM and before didn't seem as bad stock. After tuning it absolutely rips, check the video I post above of an LML tuned and deleted they can make around 500hp. Absolutely love mine.

That's just my own opinion though.

• 2 weeks later...

I'll tell you that our LBZ at work(minor tune) smokes our '15 LML and our '14 Dodge. I think the TM guts the new trucks, but the dodge did just pull an 80k # mobile excavator down the road the other day(albeit sideways on take off- forgot to put it in 4wd.)

off topic

It's also had 5 recalls though. 2 minor radio/satellite ones on delivery, steering stabilizer mount, abs would supposedly quit from a rubbing wire, and a randomly exploding airbag. We always joke, that if you manage to get it off the road after the steering gets sloppy and brakes go, the airbag would go off and give you a heart attack. To be fair to FCA, our '07 LMM did have a shrapnel airbag in it.

Archived