Magnaflow advice

Need some help deciding which direction to go.

I have been researching the 18" and 22" magnaflow and am stuck between the two. The 18" seems like the right volume, but the 22" sounds deeper.

Ultimately my set up will be replacing the muffler and dumping it behind the axle, however I don't want the sound to be too obnoxious... Anybody with experience between the 18 and 22? Anybody dump their exhaust?

Any feedback is appreciated!

You don't need to worry about the 18 or 22 being too aggressive. They are very tame. I had a 14inch Maggie on one of my other 2014s, dumped before the rear end. HORRIBLE! when in V4 but sounded great otherwise. Personally between the two I'd shoot for the 18. Kinda' like that story about the three bears and the porridge. 14 is too hot. 22 is too cold. 18 just right.haha. On my latest truck I finally settled on a Flowmaster Delta Flow 50 series. I found the dumped 14 inch Maggie didn't have enough back pressure and would have a slight stumble right off idle. But the Maggies really sound good and are built good. You can't go wrong either way.

IMG_0341_zpsdc377af1.jpg

Thanks for the comment! Were you able to hear the exhaust in cabin with the magnaflows dumped? I don't mind drone too much (coming from 08 Titan with flowmasters), but I'd like to be able to hear the truck accelerate ya know?!

I'd also like to hear the truck start up on remote start. Getting tired of having to watch the exhaust pipe for movement through the window!

Archived