Suggestions

Of course garage door dimensions are different for everyone, but my 2013 CC short box 1500 was a bit longer than my 2015 2500HD Double cab standard box. When parked in the garage, there is more room behind my 2500 with the door closed. Not bumping up against the door now walking around the pickup like I did with the 1500. Did take some rough measurements to make sure the 2500HD was going to fit and was pleasantly surprised that it would actually be a tad shorter than the 1500 I replaced.

Caveat Emptor when it comes to buying a used diesel with all the emissions stuff. Not like the old pre-emission diesel days. How the previous owner drove and took care of the pickup is more critical than ever with these newer emission setups. I am just too paranoid to buy a emission equipped used diesel unless I personally know the owner. The gassers, the risks are considerably less. I have done the used emission diesel buy in my commercial trucks, and really took it in the shorts on two of them. No more used emission diesels for me. Will only buy new if I need a diesel.

So after researching and researching I think I am going to drive my current 2008 Silverado through winter and then early next year buy a sierra denali 1500 with 6.2. This will allow me to save more money for my down payment. I am thinking that due to all the 1500 denali being sold by that time I will be looking at slightly used to due to my finances. Im I correct in thinking that 15 will be all sold my april may of 2016?

I had and 2011 1500 extended cab LT now I have a 2015 Denali 2500. I am in the camp where a 1500 would get me by almost all the time. When I was looking for an upgrade, I wanted a crew cab but not the short bed. I could have gotten this in a 1500 with the new body syle in 14. When I started pricing the 1500's they started to get into HD range. As a result I went with the HD. Ride is noticeably rougher especially the back seat, at least that is what my kids say. The longer wheel base, increased ride height and for me, the tow mirrors make driving it a lot different than the 1500. That being said, I love having the excess capability. From time to time, I throw my RZR in the bed. The truck does not squat at all and drives likes the bed is empty. I can have it in the bed with other cargo and the family in the cab and not worry about the ride being negatively impacted or the truck being overloaded. Also, I have used it for landscaping and masonry. The ability to load more weight in the bed is great. All this being said, years from now when I buy my next truck not sure if I will go with a 1500 or an HD. The 1500s just drive nicer IMO

Archived