2-tone paint on 2003 trucks

My dad just bought an '03, regular cab, 8 ft bed, SLE and he was told two-tone paint was unavailable.  He ordered it and didn't buy it off the lot.  He was pretty disappointed about the single tone paint.  Damned nice truck, though-  5.3, all options, metallic burgandy.

Thanks, I guess that confirms what I thought.... :crackup:  Funny how they will build a 1500HD with 2-tone but not a 2500HD ???

-John

I've seen some HD's with 2-tone paint that was done aftermarket...  The best one that I remember is a a 2500HD crewcab longbed 4x4 Summit White over Light Pewter and the flares were painted pewter...  that was a sweet looking truck!!!

I have 2-tone paint on my 2500HD, but I couldn't get it from the factory. I was told way back in Nov 2000 that the 2-tone option was discontinued, which meant I had to have the body shop paint it once the truck arrived. Turned out great, the black w/ charcoal gray really looks sharp, in my opinion.  :crazy:  Just a word to the wise, if you order a truck that comes from the factory with black wheelflares and intend to have it 2-toned, order another set of flares in the lower color right form the start. I passed that option up and had to wait 3 weeks after I got the truck for the new flares to come in.   :banghead:

here is the info from another site

All two tone paint for Silverado and Sierra extended cabs is being phased out by Aug 31,2003...The new 1500 light duty crew cab is NOT recommended for 5th wheel trailer towing....thats it for now ...will post as it happens.

Chuck

Archived