2015 Silverado shudder under light acceleration?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Shit! My 2015 5.3 shuddered today for the first time. (10kmi) Kinda like taking off in a manual T in 3rd gear and clunking a bit??? I hope this isn't continuous.

Shit! My 2015 5.3 shuddered today for the first time. (10kmi) Kinda like taking off in a manual T in 3rd gear and clunking a bit??? I hope this isn't continuous.

• 4 years later...
On 11/10/2015 at 3:34 PM, toms.abpg said:

I Purchased my 2015 silverado z71 crew cab a couple months ago, so far i love the truck accept for one issue that shows itself every once in a while. USUALLY while turning and acceleration lightly at the same time ( lugging the motor pretty much) ill get a very noticable shudder right before the truck FINALLY decides to downshift. Has anyone had a similar issue. Im going to drives my buddies sierra tomorrow and see if i get the same shudder. I have 3600 miles on this truck so i dont think its anything to do with the "adaptive" transmission learning cycle. Ive heard a custom tune can resolve issues but i really hate to do that on this new of a truck, nor do i have anywhere within 400 miles to get it done. New to the forum guys, hope to get some responses, this is my first GM product. Switched from a 2008 tundra with 245000 trouble free miles. Hope i dont regret this purchase :chevy:

What did you find out I think I am going to get a custom tune and see if it helps.

On 11/10/2015 at 3:34 PM, toms.abpg said:

I Purchased my 2015 silverado z71 crew cab a couple months ago, so far i love the truck accept for one issue that shows itself every once in a while. USUALLY while turning and acceleration lightly at the same time ( lugging the motor pretty much) ill get a very noticable shudder right before the truck FINALLY decides to downshift. Has anyone had a similar issue. Im going to drives my buddies sierra tomorrow and see if i get the same shudder. I have 3600 miles on this truck so i dont think its anything to do with the "adaptive" transmission learning cycle. Ive heard a custom tune can resolve issues but i really hate to do that on this new of a truck, nor do i have anywhere within 400 miles to get it done. New to the forum guys, hope to get some responses, this is my first GM product. Switched from a 2008 tundra with 245000 trouble free miles. Hope i dont regret this purchase :chevy:

What did you find out I think I am going to get a custom tune and see if it helps.