updated exhaust vids

• 2 months later...

I'm going to do this with a Borla Pro XS in about a month. I'll update this page when I do it. Thanks for your help Silver!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Anytime.. not sure if you have the 6.2 or the 5.3.. but I found this for you.. enjoy sounds really good

Have you noticed any changes in power/low end torque? I use my truck for towing a horse trailer so I don't want to loose low end towing power etc. I also do want it to be too loud/obnoxious under load while towing but the stock exhaust just sounds horrible. I already have the aura is MIT installed and have been planning on getting a custom tune eventually down the road once I can afford it.

Have you noticed any changes in power/low end torque? I use my truck for towing a horse trailer so I don't want to loose low end towing power etc. I also do want it to be too loud/obnoxious under load while towing but the stock exhaust just sounds horrible. I already have the aura is MIT installed and have been planning on getting a custom tune eventually down the road once I can afford it.

Haven't noticed no drop was so ever. And as far as loudness while towing.. I haven't towed but hearing from members on here. You will notice that sound while towing.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just did another one..since I never hear it from the outside. And wondered how it sounded after several months. Anyways enjoy. And lol don't jump

Hahaha, now that's power..

Sent from my SGS7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Love the videos. In case anyone is interested the GM Borla Exhaust system with the flapper does not fully mask the exhaust tone change and to me it is very annoying at low speed. I used a hypertech hand held to set the AFM to only come on after 50mph. I hated the exhaust note change when just tooling around slowly, some people might not even notice it though? I do like the nice mellow sound of the GM Borla exhaust though. Check this video out and see if you like it too.

• 6 months later...

i know this thread is a little older now, but just got a 17 5.3 and this is what i was looking at doing. Anyone have the muffler for the 5.3 that would like to share it? And recommendations for it with least amount of v4 drone would be appreciated. thanks cheers

i know this thread is a little older now, but just got a 17 5.3 and this is what i was looking at doing. Anyone have the muffler for the 5.3 that would like to share it? And recommendations for it with least amount of v4 drone would be appreciated. thanks cheers

Well since you have the 5.3 you would have to get the borla muffler #400373

• 2 months later...

Archived