jrob56's - 2014 Silverado LTZ Blue Granite 5.3

jrob56

Got the deal of a lifetime on a GM Borla on craigslist for 400. It was for a 5.3 but guy didnt have a part number. I went and bought it anyway, if it was for a different wheelbase I could have just added some length to the I-pipe. Lucky me it is the right one for Crew Cab with Short Bed after I contacted Borla.

FM2TBR1.jpg

Only thing he didnt have was the tips so had to buy those at retail. Got them for 134 shipped though so not too bad. Hoping to install it all in the next week or so.

WD3N7Ix.jpg

Edited by jrob56

Nice Build dude. Please post a video with the sound of that Borla when you get it installed! I too have the 5.3 1500 Crew/Short and exhaust is one of my future projects. All the YouTube videos seem terrible in depicting true sound on our exact model. Keep up the good work man!

• Like 1

Nice Build dude. Please post a video with the sound of that Borla when you get it installed! I too have the 5.3 1500 Crew/Short and exhaust is one of my future projects. All the YouTube videos seem terrible in depicting true sound on our exact model. Keep up the good work man!

Thanks! I'm looking forward to seeing how it sounds. I'll def get some pics and vids up.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I completely forgot about this thread and posting a video.

A little update, I did get the GM Borla on and that exhaust is perfect, has a nice burble outside at idle. Sounds good cruising when you get into throttle. Most the time though you just barely notice it inside which is perfect to me. The tips look great too and zero helicopter noise or drone. Ill try to get pics and a vid up sometime, but with it cold cleaning truck is fewer and farther between.

I picked up some 17x8.5 Method NV's in black on craigslist for a good deal. After the first of the year Ill look at getting some new tires and getting them on the truck. Thinking Toyo AT2's or BFGoodrich K02s in a 285/70/17.

I also ordered some Bilstein 5100's Ill need to get put on to replace the 2 inch spacers but that might wait till the new year as well. My garage is tied up trying to make 1 good Camaro out of a 01 B4C A4 roller and a wrecked 00 M6 Z28 my buddy picked up for a steal.

Edited by jrob56

• 6 months later...

Bringing this back up, finally got those Method NV's installed. I went with the KO2 and love the look. Lost a little power to the extra rotating mass but it was less than I had feared. Rides better than my stock 20s did so worth the trade off!

17x8.5 285/70/17

nyEqVSS.jpg

npOeyrh.jpg

0Ds895O.jpg

dsZa8W5.jpg

8BDAgwl.jpg

XktndFw.jpg

MsYbBaw.jpg

Edited by jrob56

• 2 months later...

Any rubbing with those tires and wheels, looking at the same setup!

I had a little on the inner fender liner at full lock that I trimmed a bit and zip tied back. The weathertech splash guards have a little lip near the top that I had to trim as well. When backing out of the driveway at full lock it would catch that lip. No issues at all since. Pretty minor and took 10 minutes in the driveway with a razor blade.

• 5 years later...

Haven't updated this build in a long time, but still have the truck! Truck is mostly the same. Added some steps now that I have kids, oem GM steps off one of the special edition K2s. Went through several sets of wheels, Sierra All Terrain, the T1 18 inch AT4, and finally settled on these 2023 Silverado ZR2 18s. Love the look on this color. Everything else has mostly been maintenance or common failures. Its had a condensor, compressor, and last year lost the converter and trans. Rebuilt with billet converter, new thermostat, and tune that will make it live. Drives better than it did new! If you are in the Indiana area, cannot recommend Double R Transmission enough!

zr2.jpg

zr22.jpg

• Thanks 1