2016 Sierra Denali Ultimate

HiggySTL

Interesting to know. Dealer informed me I couldn't get Rainsense on my 2015 Silverado and the dealer told me even the High country didn't come with it. Probably a dealer error, but I never saw the option available on the build sheet, so it bothered me since I have had it on my two previous GMT900's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keyless ignition would be great. I've also wondered why these trucks don't have the adaptive cruise. The forward collision alert system knows when you get close to another vehicle. Same thing with blind side alerts. Other manufacturers offer blind side alerts in the mirror. GM gives us a fun house mirror.

Interesting to know. Dealer informed me I couldn't get Rainsense on my 2015 Silverado and the dealer told me even the High country didn't come with it. Probably a dealer error, but I never saw the option available on the build sheet, so it bothered me since I have had it on my two previous GMT900's.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No he's right -- it was not available in 2015. It was added in 2016 (both RainSense and Intellibeam).

Keyless ignition would be great. I've also wondered why these trucks don't have the adaptive cruise. The forward collision alert system knows when you get close to another vehicle. Same thing with blind side alerts. Other manufacturers offer blind side alerts in the mirror. GM gives us a fun house mirror.

Blind side alert is available on the 2016's ...

So is Lane Departure Warning which sounds an alarm and vibrates the seat cushion on the side you are drifting out of the lane.

Blind side alert is available on the 2016's ...

So is Lane Departure Warning which sounds an alarm and vibrates the seat cushion on the side you are drifting out of the lane.

I don't see anywhere on the GMC site where it indicates Side Blind Zone alert is available on the Sierra Denali. Lane Departure warning, yes.

• 1 year later...

i have a 2017 Denali Ultimate and it does have lane departure warning and also steers you lightly back into the road. Wipers are rain sensing, and also the collison alert has Heads up display and projects some red leds onto the windshield now, new for 2017. dont think the 2016's had this. Also as with the regular denali and all GMC's the interior lightning is now blue, even the Gmc denali custom gauge (which i love) the lights are nice and light vs the harsh red lights in the older denalis.

"...and also the collison alert has Heads up display and projects some red leds onto the windshield now, new for 2017. dont think the 2016's had this."

My 2015 Denali has this, and I'm pretty sure the 14's had it as well (It's part of the FCA package).

I was kinda miffed that my 2015 didn't have the blind spot monitors in the side mirrors. My wife's 2014 Traverse LTZ has it..... I kinda wish my truck (or future trucks for that matter) had some ambient interior lighting, like my Camaro, the wife's Traverse, the Buick Enclave, etc. etc.

I had a 2015 with every option and I didn't have any led lights(heads up display) for the collision alert. We are talking about Sierra Denali right? Caddys and Yukon Denalis have had this for a long time but I'm pretty sure the 2017 sierra denali is first year of this. If yours actually has the opening on dash and has the heads up display then I apologize for being wrong, but I'm pretty sure yours just has the collision alert.

• 1 month later...

i have a 2017 Denali Ultimate and it does have lane departure warning and also steers you lightly back into the road. Wipers are rain sensing, and also the collison alert has Heads up display and projects some red leds onto the windshield now, new for 2017. dont think the 2016's had this. Also as with the regular denali and all GMC's the interior lightning is now blue, even the Gmc denali custom gauge (which i love) the lights are nice and light vs the harsh red lights in the older denalis.

Yes, mine has the HUD LED's.

The new for 2017 options/additions were Forward Brake Assist and Lane Keep Assist. The Forward Brake Assist was added to the Forward Collision Alert option, so that the 2017's not only alert to a possible crash, but the 2017's will also autonomously apply the brakes.

Mine also has the Lane Departure Warning. Added to the Lane Departure Warning in 2017, the Lane Keep Assist will actively steer you back into your lane if you have not activated your turn signal prior to a lane change.

Those 2 options/additions to existing options were the only real changes from 2016 to 2017.

Archived