How do I find out size of brakes and rotors?

I bought my 09 Silverado about 6 months ago and have just found out recently that whoever owned the truck before me must of had rims. I say this because the 17 inch spare that comes standard wouldn't clear the lower ball joint (ended up have to pry the spare off the truck and find a 20" spare), so now my brakes are grinding and I need to figure what size the pads and rotors are since I would like to keep the oversized ones on for towing purposes.

Stock rotor is around 13". A 17" should clear if it is a GM wheel. Aftermarket may have some issue with inside diameter and back spacing. The same front brakes were used 2005-2013

I bought my 09 Silverado about 6 months ago and have just found out recently that whoever owned the truck before me must of had rims. I say this because the 17 inch spare that comes standard wouldn't clear the lower ball joint (ended up have to pry the spare off the truck and find a 20" spare), so now my brakes are grinding and I need to figure what size the pads and rotors are since I would like to keep the oversized ones on for towing purposes.

If the brakes were oversized, the wheels would end up hitting the callipers, how come they are hitting the ball joints? Was the truck lowered with different knuckles?

Archived