Try testing the magazines. Seperate your upper from the lower and insert a magazine to see if the magazine follower is pushing up on the bolt catch.

If the rifle hasn't been fired all that much, the spring may just need broken in to loosen up and allow the bolt to lock back when the mag is empty. That would make sense seeing different brand magazines have the same issue. If the rifle is broken in with a higher round count, you can always try a new spring to see if that fixes the issue you are having.

It wouldn't hurt to try a different, higher quality spring. PSA uses several different suppliers for their lower parts and they are not always the top brands. Try something like a Colt spring, they are all tested and should fix the issue as well. You could also replace the entite bolt catch assembly for around $30-$40 depending on which brand you go with. I have purchased lower parts kits from them in the past and had to order extra parts after discovering the parts I was given were obviously not up to spec to function properly.

Sent from my crappy iPhone 6

using Tapatalk

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not even in the same class of firearm that the OP is looking for.

It will be trying to compete with the IMI Tavor, not an AR or M1A.

It would also be exempt from the Liberals new firearms ban because there is no "pistol grip". Keltec definitely thought this design through!

Sent from my iPhone6

via TapaTalk

That's not even in the same class of firearm that the OP is looking for.

It will be trying to compete with the IMI Tavor, not an AR or M1A.

It would also be exempt from the Liberals new firearms ban because there is no "pistol grip". Keltec definitely thought this design through!

Sent from my iPhone6

via TapaTalk

I just classed it together since he's in California and limited to 10 rounds.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

If you want a nifty project why not build yourself an AR10?

I am debating between an LWRC reper or the Daniel Defense dd5v1.

Or build my own.

Sent from my Note 4 on Tapashit

If you want a nifty project why not build yourself an AR10?

I am debating between an LWRC reper or the Daniel Defense dd5v1.

Or build my own.

Who's winning the debate?

Who's winning the debate?

Right now..... The LWRC. something about the bronze 20" fluted with a magpul PRS. Side charging handle is pretty nice to have when you are prone on the rifle.

No real time has been put on the DD5V1 to evaluate if it is reliable or not but its DD, im sure they did there homework.

Also yesterday i held a POF, i didnt care much for it but the one i did find nice was the DPMS G2 recon and the G2 SASS they had.

I want a 20" for long range but want a short one because i want a walk and stalk hog gun. So something maybe 16" and lighter. Maybe throw a 1 to 6 power scope in it.

From what I've read, LWRC & Adams are top 308 rifles

If you purchase a LWRC check out store.avguns.com. They are the distributor for LWRC but sell direct to consumers on their website. They also include the LWRC iron sights which are usually an additonal $120. From what I have seen their selling price is usually less than or equal to the price a dealer pays.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

I absolutely love my M1A - so much so that it would be the last firearm I ever got rid of (if I had to do such a thing). It's the standard model in a walnut stock, nothing fancy. I've upgraded some of the internals with Sadlak components and added a Sadlak Airborne scope mount along with a SWFA scope. With my handloads I'm getting MOA accuracy all day - this weekend I even had a .875" group at 300 yds - can't complain.

• 2 weeks later...

Love my M1A scout. Walnut stock. REAL pretty. The range masters call it a real mans gun. I agree. I'm looking to put a rail and 7x10 vortex PTS glass.

Oh yeah in California no bullet button required is a plus. AR10 you need one.

But California laws suck IMO

I think you'd be happy with either one. Just do yourself a favor and buy quality. Spend a little more and no regrets.

I have both, a Springfield M1A SOCOM and a DPMS LR-308. Both have their merits, pros/cons. The AR platform is super easy to modify with tons of options out there for them. I really like my M1A, my only issue is I put a Aimpoint P.R.O. red-dot on it. The picany rail is part of the upper receiver so the heat from shooting is transferred into the rail, I do notice the MOA opens up some once you get the gun hot. Not sure if the same issue would happen on a scope, after seeing one of the posters post up his M1A with a scope I am now going Hmmmm.

They make an extended rail for the M1A that helps with heat dissipation, I have not got that far into mine yet to think about that option.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if you've decided already but for what it's worth I absolutely love my M1A & I'd choose it over an AR platform. I understand it's a bit dated when compared to an AR but hey, it's a rifle still being used by some military out there today and that says enough. Very reliable and accurate rifle, even with iron sights. On the other hand the AR is a lot more versatile and modern. In a "SHTF" scenario you'll likely find more parts for AR's lying around and it's much easier to take apart and clean imo. If I ever replaced it it'd have to be with an even more modern .308, like a SCAR-H...that being said I'll still take my M1A over the AR, ( with a .45 of course ;) )

Archived