Tuned and Converted to Flex Fuel (2015 Silverado 5.3L)

Rawyzf

I'm not even sure where to start with this post, but here goes.

Last week I ordered the Flex Fuel Sensor and fuel lines/hose/clips for the conversion and then dropped the truck off at the Tuner.

Today I picked up my truck from the Tuner. He installed everything and then tuned the truck on 91 Oct and then on E85. I normally run 91 Oct, so that is what he took the Baseline with and then started with that tune. Once he completed that tune and the tank was low, he filled it with E85 and tuned for that.

I have to say, my truck is a whole new beast, completely amazing. Shifts so much better, new power, etc. This is my 3rd vehicle I have had him tune, all have been excellent.

I'll attach the dyno chart below with 91 Baseline, 91 Oct Tune, E85 Tune.

HP gains on 91 Oct Tune: 30.6

TQ gains on 91 Oct Tune: 33.8

HP gains on E85 Tune: 57.7

TQ gains on E85 Tune: 70.7

I have so much more to say, but don't have time right now. Just wanted to share, as I am super excited!

Tuner Information:

Carl Thomas

Lancer Service

St. Paul, MN

post-141133-144807963753_thumb.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk App - Samsung S6

Edited by Rawyzf
  • Like 6

Damn. Some nice numbers there. So factory numbers look like a 25% drivetrain loss. That sounds like a lot to me. For some reason i was thinking 15% was more like the norm.

Edited by smrr1
  • Like 2

Damn. Some nice numbers there. So factory numbers look like a 25% drivetrain loss. That sounds like a lot to me. For some reason i was thinking 15% was more like the norm.

My Baseline numbers could be a tad low because of the Airraid MIT installed and not tuned for.

I have been on the fence about tuning my truck but these numbers are so very tempting. Especially since my last 3 trucks were 6.2 and my last 2 cars were srt challenger and mustang gt. The 5.3 feels a little slow compared to those!

Also i did a little research involving drivetrain loss. 15% like myself and most everyone i know thinks is wrong. Obviously it varies by vehicle but most vehicles have 20%+ from what i was reading.

What is done to the truck besides tune? Is the airaid just a basic CAI?

Edited by smrr1
  • Like 2

Never had a tune I'm in it for the long haul would tuning a truck/car get the same reliability and life expectancy as a stock veichule I ask because I want to see my truck in 150k mile range I also had a Silverado with 250k miles and I'm curious if that is possible?

• Like 2

I have been on the fence about tuning my truck but these numbers are so very tempting. Especially since my last 3 trucks were 6.2 and my last 2 cars were srt challenger and mustang gt. The 5.3 feels a little slow compared to those!

Also i did a little research involving drivetrain loss. 15% like myself and most everyone i know thinks is wrong. Obviously it varies by vehicle but most vehicles have 20%+ from what i was reading.

What is done to the truck besides tune? Is the airaid just a basic CAI?

Airraid, I just have the tube, still using the stock airbox. Other than that, just a cutback.

Never had a tune I'm in it for the long haul would tuning a truck/car get the same reliability and life expectancy as a stock veichule I ask because I want to see my truck in 150k mile range I also had a Silverado with 250k miles and I'm curious if that is possible?

As long you have a good tuner, you should have nothing to worry about. But, stuff happens, tuned or not.

Damn nice numbers for a tune and E85 conversion.How's the seat of pants feel?

Truck feels fantastic, SOP is happy.

As long you have a good tuner, you should have nothing to worry about. But, stuff happens, tuned or not.

Truck feels fantastic, SOP is happy.

Did you have to add any hardware? Or did your tuning guy Just plug into the existing ecm and re write from there?

Did you have to add any hardware? Or did your tuning guy Just plug into the existing ecm and re write from there?

For tuning, nothing needs to be added. Just plug into odb2 and modify ecm/tcm with tuning device (hp tuners in my case).

Of course if your truck isn't FFV, then you need to add those components. If you just want to tune on Regular gas, nothing needs to be added.

A tuned truck will out last a stock one, adding line pressure/firming up the shifts and eliminating the DOD will do wonders.

• Like 2