Gmc or Chevy?

15 Z71

I'm new on hear and it seems to me that I read more people have problems with gmc Sierras then Silverados. Makes me kinda nervous, because I just bought a 2015 sierra sle. So far I'm really happy with it and have had no problems I read on hear people complain about. Any thoughts on this?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep in mind most people who have issues go straight to the internet instead of the dealer for quick fix. I have had some little things that bothered me and after I got the cold shoulder at one dealer, I took it else where and have zero issues since then. I would suggest taking to get an oil change at dealer at least every other just for them to check it out for updates or recalls. Alot of people have said no way for the price of an oil change at dealer but I pay 88 bucks and they rotate the tires for free and wash and vacuum it. You have to keep in mind it's about 9 quarts, I priced Mobil 1 and the dexos oil and it's close to the same price for me to do it myself.

I'm new on hear and it seems to me that I read more people have problems with gmc Sierras then Silverados. Makes me kinda nervous, because I just bought a 2015 sierra sle. So far I'm really happy with it and have had no problems I read on hear people complain about. Any thoughts on this?

I don't think there is any real difference between the two trucks mechanically, just the corresponding sheet metal and associated components for the exterior differences.

Usually if people have an issue they will post more than those who have no issues so most folks I would say have no problems.

Don't worry, enjoy your truck.

I don't think there is any real difference between the two trucks mechanically, just the corresponding sheet metal and associated components for the exterior differences.

Usually if people have an issue they will post more than those who have no issues so most folks I would say have no problems.

Don't worry, enjoy your truck.

Both trucks built on the EXACT same assembly lines with EXACT same parts (except logo's)

even the part numbers are the same for 99 % of the truck (except grills & headlights ...)

just shows how stat's will vary when they shouldn't

Keep in mind most people who have issues go straight to the internet instead of the dealer for quick fix. I have had some little things that bothered me and after I got the cold shoulder at one dealer, I took it else where and have zero issues since then. I would suggest taking to get an oil change at dealer at least every other just for them to check it out for updates or recalls. Alot of people have said no way for the price of an oil change at dealer but I pay 88 bucks and they rotate the tires for free and wash and vacuum it. You have to keep in mind it's about 9 quarts, I priced Mobil 1 and the dexos oil and it's close to the same price for me to do it myself.

What mlowe6417 said, Plus you get two years of oil changes free so it does not even cost anything for the dealer to do it and check things out while you are there. With the amount of trucks sold you will have some problems from some people. It was the same with my 2013 Sierra when a lot of people had problems with the AFM but I never had any. Now I have a 2015 and so far so good. I did think I had a slight shudder two times but I am on the fence with that one until it happens more.

15Z71, that's kinda funny - we plan on getting the wifey an Acadia next year. Loved our Trailblazer and want something similar.

I have 4500+ on my SLE, without issue.

I think it is mainly opinion of styling and options. I like the GMC best. However, if I were to get a 3/4 ton, I like the Chevy HD styling better than GMC.

It's probably because we have more members with Sierra's.

(even though GM builds/sells more Silverado's)

15Z71, that's kinda funny - we plan on getting the wifey an Acadia next year. Loved our Trailblazer and want something similar.

I have 4500+ on my SLE, without issue.

I think it is mainly opinion of styling and options. I like the GMC best. However, if I were to get a 3/4 ton, I like the Chevy HD styling better than GMC.

Both are awesome trucks but I like the look of the Sierra HD truck better.

They are literally built on the same manufacturing lines. One does not have more problems over the other. They are essentially the same truck.

I agree.

Although, not everyone understands this yet; a forum member posted recently that the Sierra was a superior truck over the Silverado due to better quality.

Both are awesome trucks but I like the look of the Sierra HD truck better.

I agree.

Although, not everyone understands this yet; a forum member posted recently that the Sierra was a superior truck over the Silverado due to better quality.

How dare you says this ! ;-)

My truck is Professional Grade ( and as proof - it cost 1/2 of 1% more than Chevy)

How dare you says this ! ;-)

My truck is Professional Grade ( and as proof - it cost 1/2 of 1% more than Chevy)

Yours might be "Professional Grade," mine is the "Longest Lasting." Besides the 1/2 of 1% I saved, compounded annually, is going toward my next truck!

Archived