Texas speed headers

I have a 2015 Silverado Z71 Crew Cab. So far the truck has the Air Raid tube with the dry filter, magnaflow 14" muffler and flapper and resonator removed, and a Diablo intune. I want to add some longtube headers at some point. Has anyone had experience with Texas Speed and Performance Longtube headers. I also want to know whether the off-road y pipe is better performance over the high flow catted y pipe that they offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yea ill do some more research. Just trying to get a head start.

Those of you with experience with headers, what's the big difference between 1 3/4 and 1 7/8? My truck isn't raced and will never be supercharged or anything. Just used to daily commute and haul whatever I put behind it.

They are super nice headers for the money. They look and fit awesome! I have a set on my 02 Camaro SS, 2015 Camaro 1LE, and a set on my old 07 GMC. They all fit perfect and the quality is top notch for the money you pay. I will be installing a set on my 14 soon.

• Like 1

07Softail is correct. You are better off with 1 3/4 on your truck. 1 7/8 may gain a few HP, but only in the high RPM range and you will lose some torque at lower RPM's which is where you need it to get your truck moving. There is very little difference in your final HP output between high flow cats and an off road pipe. Last dyno test I read there was a 1 ~ 2 hp difference which you will never be able to tell. My suggestion would be to run the cats.

I was going to get 1-7/8 TSP headers last winter but they were on back order for 3-4 months so I went another route. From the people in the camaro world who have them like them. What size are you going with?

Ryan

Does anyone know where you to pickup a set of TS headers in 1 3/4? All my searching has only found 1 7/8. I will definitely be running hi-flow cats cause I want to keep the rasp down. That being said I can't find any TS that come with cats

Yea I might have to give them a call. Their website only has 1 7/8 with/without ORY. Only 1 3/4 listed are ARH

I would get 1 7/8s from back when I was modding my TA, it shows to help even on just lightly modded vehicles to get 1 7/8s over the smaller ones.

I would get 1 7/8s from back when I was modding my TA, it shows to help even on just lightly modded vehicles to get 1 7/8s over the smaller ones.

So you think I would still net similar results with the 1 7/8 over 1 3/4? The most performance this truck will ever have is headers, exhaust, intake, and tune.