Fuel Mileage on your lifted truck

I changed my 245/75R17 to 285/70R17 (basically 33's) and had the truck leveled, and I would say I lost about 45 miles to a tank of gas......if that helps a bit.

For a DD, I'd get a car. The fuel mileage will pay for itself in about a year. My DD gets 30mpg's.

I have a car and my 16y/o daughter is taking it. The wife has the Yukon XL Denali and I'm getting the '15 2500 that just sits in the driveway at this time.

I have a car and my 16y/o daughter is taking it. The wife has the Yukon XL Denali and I'm getting the '15 2500 that just sits in the driveway at this time.

Doh! I only get to drive my DD because my daughter is 11! I have about the exact same rides as you, I'll be in your shoes soon I imagine. Oh yeah, I have 2 other daughters after this one.....

Regrearing and being tuned for larger tires does get you better mileage. My 03 BB tuned with 6" lift and 35" tires still got 19-20mpg highway and 16-17 mpg in town.

Sent from Motorola Droid Turbo

Regrearing and being tuned for larger tires does get you better mileage. My 03 BB tuned with 6" lift and 35" tires still got 19-20mpg highway and 16-17 mpg in town.

Sent from Motorola Droid Turbo

Your '03 6.0L with a 6 inch lift got 20 MPG highway? Dam, that is mighty impressive.

Thanks guys, I only see 15mpg on good day and the truck is about to become my daily driver.

Then don't lift it. You can probably expect 10-12 mpg with a 6" and 35's. If you want a better stance, then go with a leveling kit and a more modest tire. Something like 305/55/20, 295/60/20, 275/65/20, 275/70/18, 295/70/18, 295/70/17, 285/75/17, etc. will probably only lose 1-2 mpg.

I wouldn't expect great mileage out of the 6.0 even with a tune and regear. That engine is meant to be a workhorse for the HD lineup of trucks and MPG's are a clear after thought. With that being said my 6.2L with a 6" bds lift and 35's averages 11.2 to 11.3 mpg in town and 16.5 mpg on the highway. Unfortunately for me there is no way to regear my truck yet. But I also only commute 10 miles a day.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Archived