Leveling keys and CV joint angle

2.5 would be the max I would go 2" you will be good. Don't go out and buy leveling keys there a rip off, you can get the same lift with your stock keys. You will get that lift out of your stock keys and all the leveling keys do is allow you to crank higher which you don't want to do.

2.5 would be the max I would go 2" you will be good. Don't go out and buy leveling keys there a rip off, you can get the same lift with your stock keys. You will get that lift out of your stock keys and all the leveling keys do is allow you to crank higher which you don't want to do.

Word. What he said!

I had a Zone 2" Leveling kit installed, with Shock Extenders AND turned the keys just to get the front end up 100% level to my liking. I'm happy with the outcome, and the ride.

I had a Zone 2" Leveling kit installed, with Shock Extenders AND turned the keys just to get the front end up 100% level to my liking. I'm happy with the outcome, and the ride.

Sounds like you had someone else do the install, True? Was it for warrenty purposes?

Correct, I had my dealership install it. I didn't want to mess around with it, and I wanted the alignment checked and adjusted if needed.

Correct, I had my dealership install it. I didn't want to mess around with it, and I wanted the alignment checked and adjusted if needed.

So did they say that since they did the install, your warrenty is still good? Did you bring them the kit, or did you buy through your dealer? Cost?

They do a ton of custom trucks and haven't had any issues. The Repair order stated they installed a Zone Leveling kit and alignment. Since it was aligned, and all measurements were in the spec, I can't see how I wouldn't be covered..

I purchased my 2015 truck used and already levelled. I noticed shortly afterwards the front tires showed outwards feathering (positive camber). Had my local garage perform an alignment check and they were way off. A few tweaks and now back to normal. I'm surprised the previous owner didn't do an alignment which is rule #1 for any changes in suspension from factory.

• 3 weeks later...

Have any of you had any issues with the stock upper control arms after leveling?

I've only just done mine recently, but no issues so far. My alignment afterwards only required some toe adjustment. Ride is awesome. Glad I did it :)

Archived