Observations after long term storage of 2015 truck

muddkatt

The storage facility I use has grass/dirt parking so concrete is not a problem.

My next complaint is going to be with the Bakflip F1 that is starting to fall apart after 5 months and 500 miles. The mounting bolts (2 of them) that hold the cover to the rails is covered in rust and the seals are literally falling off. :mad:

The clock is going to drift over time, some are worse than others; This normally isn't a big deal because it will probably sync using GPS (I doubt they would use onstar for this).

I haven't actually hooked a meter up to the battery but our trucks come with a capacity of 70A-hr. This should easily last about 6-9 months assuming GM got their sleep current correct on all the modules. If you are going to leave the vehicle for an extended amount of time like that, you should look into a solar panel trickle charger that is capable of at least 100-500mA @ 12V (Sleep current with the vehicle completely off should be around 3-10mA).

The storage facility I use has grass/dirt parking so concrete is not a problem.

My next complaint is going to be with the Bakflip F1 that is starting to fall apart after 5 months and 500 miles. The mounting bolts (2 of them) that hold the cover to the rails is covered in rust and the seals are literally falling off. :mad:

wow,,,,,,,,,,,bad,bad 2015 gm shakes..............had two 2015...........both bad,,,,,3 sets tires,one cad,one high country,,,both back to dlr,,,,buy backs,cad dlr along has bought back 12 escalades,,,mine lost me 33,000 dollars,they laughed

• 2 weeks later...

Flat spots for sure. Way back in "the day", when tubeless nylon tires were first coming on the scene this was basically an everyday occurance if outside temp was cold. In fact, you didn't feel a mere vibration it was a big ole thump, thump, thump for awhile till the tires warmed up. But, I'm degressing I suppose. Anyway, the fellow who recommended using jackstands has it right. A bit of trouble but if you go to Walmart and buy a cheap floor jack you can take your truck on or off in just a few minutes.

Archived