No radio after a Bluetooth phone call

Hello I'm new to the forum so I hope I'm posting in the right place. I have a 2015 3500 hd sale with 6.0 I have the 8" display with nav. It is my work truck so time in the truck I use to make calls. Every time I make or receive a call the radio stops working obviously but when I end the call the radio never turns back on and I have to manually hit a stationary play. I am well rounded with Bluetooth as my Audi Q5 and my Isuzu dump truck have it but typically when I end the call the music resumes. I hope there is a setting that I am missing. Thanks in advance!

Hi Antonio,

First and foremost, welcome to the forum! We notice you're seeking advice on your radio and Bluetooth concerns from others in the community, which is great. While we can't provide technical advice, because we're not trained as technicians, we can look into this further for you. If this is something of interest, feel free to send a PM with your contact info, VIN and current mileage.

Kind Regards,

Eddie A.

GM Customer Care

i will almost put money on that you have an iphone with the newest 9.2 software. this is a huge issue with the latest firmware upgrade on the iphone. EVERYONE is complaining about it. seems like once you finish the phone call the phone doesn't disconnect the bluetooth and just sits there. was working perfect since april for me then 2 days ago i did the stupid "update" and all went to hell.

I have the same issue. I have a iPhone 6, I updated to IOS 9.2 and with Bluetooth on when I make a phone call

or someone calls me it won't go back to XM which I was listening to before ( it starts playing something in my iTunes ) and I have to manually change it back to XM. It worked just fine before the 9.2 update. My truck is a 2015 Chevy 2500 HD diesel with a build date in Sept 2015. It has got to do with apple and the new update. I believe this is not Chevys fault. I have seen on other sites that Apple knows about the problem and is working it out. I hope they get it done soon

i will almost put money on that you have an iphone with the newest 9.2 software. this is a huge issue with the latest firmware upgrade on the iphone. EVERYONE is complaining about it. seems like once you finish the phone call the phone doesn't disconnect the bluetooth and just sits there. was working perfect since april for me then 2 days ago i did the stupid "update" and all went to hell.

Yep, same here and only started after I made the mistake of letting the phone update. It is annoying and a PITA. I wouldn't hold my breath hoping for a quick fix from Apple either. They are like molasses fixing something that is only an annoyance.

Wow im glad i stumbled upon this post!! i have been scratching my head wondering why all of a sudden my blue tooth is doing the same thing. Frustrating when every time you get a call or text is kicks into playing my itunes.

I thought i messed with the settings somewhere and have been trying to retrace anything i would have changed and the only thing i can think of now was that i did the 9.2 update.

Well i feel better now that i know i didnt screw something up!!

• 2 weeks later...

I've reported the issue to the dealer and they just received a service bulletin this week about this issue. GM is indeed blaming in all on Apple IOS. If I can get a copy of the bulletin I'll post it.

there is a work around that i found on another forum... turn off Siri. apparently the mic stays on for Siri to hear the "hey Siri" feature so the vehicle doesn't think the phone call has ended. turn off Siri (was easy for me since i don't use it) and the phone works perfectly fine in the truck as it is supposed to. if you use Siri there is no fix as far as i can tell.

Wow, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who is having this problem. I was starting to think I have been having this issue all along but somehow not noticed it. It's a pain in the butt for sure. After reading this thread I tried this in my 2012 Toyota Camry as well, sure enough, the BT stayed connected after hanging up a call. I guess it really is an Apple issue, not a GM issue, but still....

Archived