GM metallic paint. Deep ocean blue metallic

I traded my '14 SLE in deep ruby for a '15 SLT in deep ocean. My 2 favorite colors. The deep ocean has lots of metallic. An awesome color.

Wow.. Both of those trucks are beautiful.. The trim level makes a huge difference.. You have really good taste. The white diamond is another one that looks really good at those trim levels.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ehhh... yea I disagree. It's about color as well. I don't think a Dept. Of Transportation orange, lime green or lemon yellow is pretty on a truck no matter what or how many accessories you have. Accessories can "enhance" the look of the truck depending on color. Maintenance? That's the thing. I like washing and polishing my truck and motorcycles as well and love the smooth, glazed look and love when the suns kisses the high metallic content that GM paint is known for. I like them clean and like getting compliments. I always have some ask "man what color blue is that"? That's beautiful! I don't think you'll hear someone tell a summit white owner " damn what color is that white"? That's a beautiful color! I don't think the foreman of the construction company gets compliments on his summit color white paint. I never heard anyone tell our State Police here who drive summit white Tahoes say that's a pretty color or tell the utility worker you're white truck color is awesome. So yes, it's about color as well. It is what it is.

Why add embellishments and accessories if you're worried about maintenance? I must say that a white truck with road/brown mud film doesn't look too pretty. Some like white, I don't. A pearl or diamond white isn't too bad. But plain old utility grade summit white? Not for me bud... Like I said, it's JMO.

I know what you mean about the blue, been there done that. My 2011 was the special edition Laser Blue Metallic. I guess I am getting old, I don't care to clean and polish like I used to haha.

Wow.. Both of those trucks are beautiful.. The trim level makes a huge difference.. You have really good taste. The white diamond is another one that looks really good at those trim levels.

Thanks man. I'd like to see pics of your truck.

Nice truck bud. Yea the chrome wheels are nice touch. Work on it, they'll come. I had chrome mirror caps but removed them for the painted caps. I think the painted mirror caps look better than the chrome.

Dark only colors for me. Love black, dark blues and reds. White and silver is my least favorite. I wanted a black truck again, but began to really like the ocean blue and decided might as well

About as bright as I will probably ever get.

I like the ltz's trim level. I think it's like the SLT on the GMC side? My kids tell me I'm old school because I like all the chrome trim. The younger kids like the black wheels and everything black. The LTZ was a little outside my budget.. On the Chevy side I think the trim levels are nicer appearance wise if you don't get the z71 pkg. With no z71 all the trucks on the lot had chrome or polished wheels with chrome grills and chrome door handles..

All the z71's had standard wheels with bigger tires and of course the black inside the front grill.

Dark only colors for me. Love black, dark blues and reds. White and silver is my least favorite. I wanted a black truck again, but began to really like the ocean blue and decided might as well

About as bright as I will probably ever get.

I agree, white and silver are my least favorite colors. I'm also with Lonnie. Don't like the black wheels. Too cheap or rattle can looking. Just no pizzazz. So a white truck with black wheels?? :smash:

• 2 weeks later...

The dealer re done the chips that were in the rear door. From what I can tell the paint matches perfect. I haven't seen it in the sun or a bright day due to weather, but I think it's a really good paint match. I'm happy.

The dealer re done the chips that were in the rear door. From what I can tell the paint matches perfect. I haven't seen it in the sun or a bright day due to weather, but I think it's a really good paint match. I'm happy.

Great take a few pics for us and keep us posted on how it looks in the sun.

• 1 year later...

My local dealer just told me that the deep ocean blue metallic has been discontinued can anyone verify that? I thought he might have been pushing me towards another color (some salesmen stretch the truth) This would be discontinued on the 2500HD he said the 1500 trucks could still be ordered in the deep ocean blue metallic?

• 1 month later...

I just purchased a 17 silverado z71 with deep ocean blue paint. Absolutely love it. 3 people complemented the first day. Granted it was super clean

Archived