jcav8r's 2016 Sierra Denali 6.2L

Trucknali1

I just took delivery of my 2016 Denali this week. I had to search for the spec sheet I wanted; this one is Onyx Black with black interior, short box and a 6.2L V8. What a truck! Not much to say about it right now since she's brand new but I have plenty of modifications I'll be making over time, and happy to answer any questions about it in the meantime.

Some build items on my shorter term to-do list:

• Window Tint
  • De-chrome (mirrors, door handles, trim)
  • Remove running boards
  • Leveling Kit
  • Wheels/tires

Eventually I'll be either blacking out the OEM grill or looking for an aftermarket one that I like. Will be sure to post updates as I have them, for now here's some shots of the truck after I took delivery. I also promise to use my actual camera vs. a potato for future photo shoots :)

OaMhc5Hh.jpg

mKlHMuZh.jpg

lWGwvEwh.jpg

egti8sDh.jpg

PwdC7Wuh.jpg

Cheers,

J

First mod is in. Bed extender!

Pretty straight forward...took me about an hour, and now my race bike can fit up-right and I won't lose the rest of my gear out the back!

Next items on the list: De-chrome and front window tint to match the factory tint on rear windows. Next slate of photos will be better :)

PQDaGKyh.jpg

pAcQk3Gh.jpg

Bed extender is a great purchase....I got mine through the dealership as a factory accessory. Would recommend to anyone...

Previous track bike was an 848 Evo Corse, but I've now got a 1299 Panigale. And, to clarify I should call it a track bike since I don't actually race in WMRRA. I don't have time to commit to a full race season unfortunately.

My old 848 in cheap track skins:

N8oS0iHh.jpg

33WrvRIh.jpg

This is the new girl...

yZ8CNpKh.jpg

Bed extender is a great purchase....I got mine through the dealership as a factory accessory. Would recommend to anyone...

Previous track bike was an 848 Evo Corse, but I've now got a 1299 Panigale. And, to clarify I should call it a track bike since I don't actually race in WMRRA. I don't have time to commit to a full race season unfortunately.

My old 848 in cheap track skins:

N8oS0iHh.jpg

33WrvRIh.jpg

This is the new girl...

yZ8CNpKh.jpg

Very nice, great bike...I could never bring my self to ride one on the track though. To expensive for me to throw it down the track into a fireball at any point.

This is one of mine:

Previous paint scheme:

432362_10101531315029325_1876186730_n.jp

New paint scheme:

538258_10102645241511725_2107397226_n.jp

Nice bike...R6 correct? That's one of the best track bikes you could put yourself on....

...and yeah, the Duc's are a little more pricey but I've always been a Ducati lover and can't seem to break away. I love a big twin....I think this is my fifth or sixth Ducati?? I almost got the new R1 until I rode the 1299...just couldn't say no!

Also, another benefit to track days vs. race league is that my insurance will cover accidents at "instructional events". That said, I've never crashed a street bike so it's not a problem I've had to deal with yet, but I do have friends who have been covered after going down at track days since the organizers generally classify themselves as an instructional event. Checkered flag racing is another story....

Nice bike...R6 correct? That's one of the best track bikes you could put yourself on....

...and yeah, the Duc's are a little more pricey but I've always been a Ducati lover and can't seem to break away. I love a big twin....I think this is my fifth or sixth Ducati?? I almost got the new R1 until I rode the 1299...just couldn't say no!

Also, another benefit to track days vs. race league is that my insurance will cover accidents at "instructional events". That said, I've never crashed a street bike so it's not a problem I've had to deal with yet, but I do have friends who have been covered after going down at track days since the organizers generally classify themselves as an instructional event. Checkered flag racing is another story....

Yes they will potentially cover it, however it is an absolute bitch to go through that process. I went through that when I totaled out my original track bike and too forever battling with them over it. Just best to have something you are not afraid to toss away in case that situation does occur.

Yes it is a 2006 R6, fully built except motor

Archived