Magstar67's - 2015 Silver Ice Silverado Crew LTZ 6.2 4x4

magstar67

Good job, much improved over the OEM stance.

Have you thought about ordering a set of rear blocks to complete to add to your truck? Blocks just tall enough to give the rear end 1/2" or 3/4" of rake higher than it is currently sits. That would make the truck tow/haul ready and wouldn't put the front end up in the air when loaded.

Which type of add a leaf did you have installed?

Long spring, short spring, amount of lift provided if any?

Good job, much improved over the OEM stance.

Have you thought about ordering a set of rear blocks to complete to add to your truck? Blocks just tall enough to give the rear end 1/2" or 3/4" of rake higher than it is currently sits. That would make the truck tow/haul ready and wouldn't put the front end up in the air when loaded.

Which type of add a leaf did you have installed?

Long spring, short spring, amount of lift provided if any?

Thanks. I actually have been thinking it needs some rake to it as well but haven't done any research yet to figure out how to do it. Any recommendations on blocks to raise it that much?

I used a Zone add a leaf, I can't remember how much it raised it but I think it was about 1.5". It is about 7-8" longer than the shortest factory leaf. I've actually wondered if maybe it has settled some since I put it on, other trucks that I've put an add a leaf on were a heavier spring and I could tell in the ride after I installed them, this spring seems to be softer because I didn't notice a stiffer ride after I put it on.

I dont use the camper shell year around, so it isn't always on the truck.

Edited by magstar67

What kind of fender flares are those? Did you paint?

Ryan

They are Bushwacker brand. I think called OE style. I did paint them, but I think Bushwacker sells some prepainted too but only in the solid / non metallic colors. Edited by magstar67

• 3 weeks later...

I installed it, it wasn't difficult if you're reasonably mechanically inclined and have basic tools and a floor jack. An impact wrench helps a lot. The bed and cab are pretty straightforward, the bumpers take as much or more time than the cab and bed.

I did it over the course of a couple days but probably had 4-5 hours ballpark in it. My install was a bit more entailed because i installed the light bar on front at the same time and because of the body lift it took some testing to integrate as it wasn't designed to be used with the body lift.

I think Zone has their instructions for the body lift downloadable on their site.

Edited by magstar67
  • Like 2