Best Tuner ???

Hey Guys I just bought a 2014 Chevy 1500. It has the 5.3 motor with a 6 inch lift and 35 inch mud tires. I had a big lifted diesel before this and im really missing the power. I know it will never have the power of the diesel but with the lift and tires Id really like to get some more power out of it nothing crazy I don't want to upgrade the engine or anything just thinking maybe a bully dog programmer but I don't know much about them any advice or knowledge would be very helpful thank you

• Like 1

people swear by black bear - I have never used them, I would check to see if there are any reputable dyno tuners in your area first - getting an actual dyno tune followed by street tune will get you the best results.

Is your truck E85 capable? You get a bump of like 30hp/40tq just from that - if not you can switch some hardware over to make it capable search the forums.

93 octane tune or E85 tune will be a nice bump in power....other than that your best bet would be to add long tuber headers w/ no cats or hi-flo cats GM smallblocks always benefit from headers.

Headers + tune + E85 would equate to like +50whp I would imagine

Hey I have an Intune that I bought for my 2011 Sierra. Used it on the Sierra no issues, but I traded that truck in for my 2014 Silverado. The Intune will not work on this truck for some odd reason and DiabloSport isnt doing much to help me out.

DONT buy an Intune.

I'd go with what crushNchowda said and try to find a local shop with a Dyno. Especially running that lift and those tires you want the tuning to be perfect to get as much as possible out of the truck.

• Like 1

I have used the Diablo Intune on several of my vehicle (Wrangler, Vette, Silverado) and I swear by them. Made a huge difference in the Wrangler and Vette. Made a difference in my 2015 Silverado but I also like the options of transmission firmness and the ability of turning off the AFM. I may go with a custom Diablew tune in the near future.

I have had good experience with their customer service. They have even given me a trial tune in the past for the Wrangler.

• Like 2

Hey I have an Intune that I bought for my 2011 Sierra. Used it on the Sierra no issues, but I traded that truck in for my 2014 Silverado. The Intune will not work on this truck for some odd reason and DiabloSport isnt doing much to help me out.

DONT buy an Intune.

I'd go with what crushNchowda said and try to find a local shop with a Dyno. Especially running that lift and those tires you want the tuning to be perfect to get as much as possible out of the truck.

Harb did you unload the program for the 2011 before you traded?

I accidentaly forgot to take off my Hypertech Max from my 08 before I sold it.

Needless to say it wouldn't work with another truck.

I have the Intune on my 15 and like it for what it is.

May eventually get a custom Diablew tune.

try to use a reputable local to you tuner... each vehicle and each area of the country reacts differently to a tune. that's my $.02

mail order tunes are better than a novice experimenting but no where near where you want to be, not to mention the PITA it is dealing with someone over the phone or by email to make the smallest changes.. go to a tuner.

Check and see if blackbear performance is coming to your area and get a in person tune. Waiting for my 100k warranty to expire to get my mine. Did it with my 08 5.3L Sierra and that was the best money I spent on that truck. Or spend a little more and get a local tune with dyno.

Harb did you unload the program for the 2011 before you traded?

I accidentaly forgot to take off my Hypertech Max from my 08 before I sold it.

Needless to say it wouldn't work with another truck.

I have the Intune on my 15 and like it for what it is.

May eventually get a custom Diablew tune.

Yup totally did. I wanted to eventually get a custom tune by him too but I have now lost all faith in DiabloSport. Specially because I have another member in my club having the same issue with a different truck.

I have used the Diablo Intune on several of my vehicle (Wrangler, Vette, Silverado) and I swear by them. Made a huge difference in the Wrangler and Vette. Made a difference in my 2015 Silverado but I also like the options of transmission firmness and the ability of turning off the AFM. I may go with a custom Diablew tune in the near future.

I have had good experience with their customer service. They have even given me a trial tune in the past for the Wrangler.

Back in '05-06 I had a 2004 GTO 4 speed auto. I used a diablosport predator handheld tuner on it. At the time I thought it really woke the car up (it did- mostly having to do w/ tranny behavior) - then I wanted to put headers on it no cats & LS6 heads I got from a junkyard. So I had to get full custom dyno tune w/ the install - handheld had its limits.

Anyhow- I forget the exact #s because it was so long ago, but we did a baseline dyno of the car w/ just the diablo tune, intake, and catback- then the tuner looked @ all the data strapped it on made adjustments to really dial it in and before doing the install of the heads/headers he showed me the car picked up an additional 11whp and like 13tq - I think partly to just "show off" that a custom dyno tune is better- but the proof was there.

So the reason I mention that is if you're looking to eek out every last bit of performance you're better off finding a good tuner w/ a dyno than using a handheld