Best Tuner ???

On an 04' Silverado I have 140K miles on a Black Bear tune, Truck has not been into the dealer for anything in years. Tune caused no problems (was tuned at 40K miles I believe) & and it is fast for what it is, impressive for a bolt on 4.8 RCSB. Once I get off the fence on the warranty issue (Now I have the 6.2 8spd) I will give Justin a call for a in person tune. Best money spent/ most performance impact per dollar by far. If he wasn't local to me (He is) I would also consider Diablew.

I was about to order a leveling kit and 33's, but instead went with the Blackbear Autocal tune. It will be here next week. Can anyone describe the process that I will go through? Sounds like they send me the device to record my driving for a period. Then what? Do I just describe what I'm looking for, like disabling AFM, cleaner shifting, etc?

I can't wait!! I'm not even too sure what to expect.

• Like 1

I was about to order a leveling kit and 33's, but instead went with the Blackbear Autocal tune. It will be here next week. Can anyone describe the process that I will go through? Sounds like they send me the device to record my driving for a period. Then what? Do I just describe what I'm looking for, like disabling AFM, cleaner shifting, etc?

I can't wait!! I'm not even too sure what to expect.

yep, you email him the data off the auto cal (recording device) and tell him want you want (firm up shifts, disable afm, ect) and any mods you have (exhaust, headers, cold air intake, bigger wheels/tires, ect) and he will tune it to whatever you ask for

• Like 2

I would like to throw our hat into the mix. We have spent a good amount of time with various trucks on our dyno's to create some impressive custom mail-order tunes for the GM trucks! Here is a video of one of our test vehicles, I know its not a Silverado/Sierra but it is an otherwise stock 5.3 drivetrain that the OP's question pertains to.

Edited by Livernois Motorsports
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I have been trying to call them all day with no luck I have many questions I came from a diesel to a 5.3 chevy so im trying to figure it all out is there anyway I can get you or someone on the phone to help me understand it a little better I have been told so many different things im not sure what's going on.

I have been trying to call them all day with no luck I have many questions I came from a diesel to a 5.3 chevy so im trying to figure it all out is there anyway I can get you or someone on the phone to help me understand it a little better I have been told so many different things im not sure what's going on.

Post a list of your questions here. You will get solid answers.