TYRICH88's 2015 Z71 BUILD

tyrich88

Tyrich -

Which headlight upgrade did you decide to go with?

I ended up ordering some Osram Nightbreaker Unlimiteds

They are a 3600K color temperature, so whiter than stock, but provide a lot more light.

I have no gotten them in just yet, but will definitely post on here when I get them and install them.

I ordered them from here:

http://www.powerbulbs.com/us/product/osram-night-breaker-unlimited-h11

They have an additional 20% off and a free gift through the end of January. The gift is additional bulbs that i believe should fit the license plate lights in the rear.

Edited by tyrich88
  • Like 2

I ended up ordering some Osram Nightbreaker Unlimiteds

They are a 3600K color temperature, so whiter than stock, but provide a lot more light.

I have no gotten them in just yet, but will definitely post on here when I get them and install them.

I ordered them from here:

http://www.powerbulbs.com/us/product/osram-night-breaker-unlimited-h11

They have an additional 20% off and a free gift through the end of January. The gift is additional bulbs that i believe should fit the license plate lights in the rear.

Good deal. I'm running Sylvania Silverstar Ultras now. Let me know how the Nightbreakers are!

• 2 weeks later...

I got my new headlight bulbs in a couple of days ago and got them put in. Not the best pictures, but I got some pictures nonetheless

Here is the before with the stock bulbs:

A90DF196-3964-4A30-A761-E27B5BAB4D37.jpg

Here is the after with the Osram Nightbreaker unlimited bulbs

694CADF2-14ED-4A0B-BE3B-75C86C41E1DB.jpg

It got darker so it shows a little more of a change than it actually is, but they are significantly brighter and have a whiter light as well. They seem to put out more light than my sylvania ultras i had on my last truck.

I also ordered my camper shell yesterday, so more updates when that comes in.

Ordered my intake today.

Got an Airaid MIT and it should be in tomorrow or wednesday. Hoping to put it on before this weekend and give it a whirl to see the changes.

I really like mine. It gave me a little more induction noise, but I can't exactly say how much since I have headers and exhaust. Edited by Daryl Z71

I really like mine. It gave me a little more induction noise, but I can exactly say how much since I have headers and exhaust.

Yeah I put an exhaust on a couple of weeks ago, so we will see. I'm pretty pumped about it. I get my camper shell in in a couple of weeks and then the next step is hopefully a tune.

Got my new Airaid MIT put on a couple days ago.

Super easy, quick install and i love the instant gain in power.

Will probably be installing a new upgraded air filter as well. Camper should be in soon!

51df3ab5-8105-436c-ae47-0c8479c9a624.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well I made the drive up to Amarillo this past weekend to get my new camper shell installed and ride some local trails with some friends.

FX Motor Sports ordered and installed my camper shell. I got the Leer 100 XR with removable front sliding window, pet screens, headliner and the keyless entry option.

They did a great job installing the shell and I love the look and functionality of it! It's very clean, especially with the frameless rear window and keyless entry option.

Here are a few pictures:

5502518C-5168-44FD-9057-B8EB9C09A044.jpg

30221e82-fc85-4af5-b3f3-38f65aeec86f.jpg

I'll get some better pictures uploaded soon.

Edited by tyrich88

Got my new Airaid MIT put on a couple days ago.

Super easy, quick install and i love the instant gain in power.

Will probably be installing a new upgraded air filter as well. Camper should be in soon!

51df3ab5-8105-436c-ae47-0c8479c9a624.jpg

Looks good under there. Nice choice.

• Like 1

Looks good under there. Nice choice.

Thanks! It was a very nice touch after adding the exhaust. With the exhaust changes it lost some back pressure, which could be felt at the very low end and this intake MORE than made up for it!

I'm absolutely loving the truck right now!

I'm still wanting to possibly tune it, add some lights and tint, maybe new wheels but not sure on those.

• Like 1

Thanks! It was a very nice touch after adding the exhaust. With the exhaust changes it lost some back pressure, which could be felt at the very low end and this intake MORE than made up for it!

I'm absolutely loving the truck right now!

I'm still wanting to possibly tune it, add some lights and tint, maybe new wheels but not sure on those.

They are a little pricey in my opinion, but they are definitely worth it. The look alone sold me on mine.