2014 Silverado 1500 pop/ clunk in full lock after level

I have a 2014 Silverado 1500 Z71 double cab. The other day I installed Bilstien 5100's at the top settings and put on 20x9 fuel Mavericks +01 with 305/55R20 Nitto g2,s and the truck drives great except when I'm at full lock I'm getting a pop/ clunking sound. I happens every time it's in full lock and it's the same in reverse as well. I know the tires aren't rubbing on the fenders or anything like that. I took it to the dealer and they claim that it's the spindle hitting the bump stop and that its "normal". My question is if it was hitting the bump stop like he claims the sound would be constant and not just an occasional pop? If anyone has had this problem please let me know how to fix it.566a3130dc5fb2f266faf5184ee6f696.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had the same issue for over a year now. Installed RC 2.5 level and noticed a small pop every now and then. took it to dealer for warranty and they wouldnt touch it because of the leveling kit. So ive been putting it off and living with the noise because ive heard that its something internal to the steering rack and will be a very expensive fix.

hopefully its not the case but more and more people are complaining about it. Did you get an aligntment right after you put the kit in?

I really hope it's not the rack… I mean the dealer didn't really say anything bad about the level so I'm not really sure what to do next. I did torque the crossmember and it is still doing the same thing. I think it might be a bad CV shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know I think it does have to do with the cv shaft more than the rack. The steering is tight and I jacked it up and checked it all out and it seems like something is up with the passenger side wheel

• 1 year later...

Archived