What are you washing/detailing your truck with?

I'll post pics later of my toolkit. I have quite a few options at my disposal (ex-AutoZone manager :smoker:), though a lot of my soaps/washes have been used up by now. I still have a few waxes and polishes left, though!

What do you guys use to wash, polish, wax, and detail your truck (inside and out)?

If you'd like to include a picture of your freshly washed beauty, please do! But I'm mostly interested in what you're using and why. :thumbs:

Currently I am using a fresh coat of salt and slush to detail the outside. The inside gets fresh salt and water as the slush melts followed by dirty fingerprints all over from said salt and slush :).

Other than that, I have read a lot of users use Chemical Guys stuff and Adams polishing. I personally have not yet tried any of those products.

You can't go wrong with http://adamspolishes.com/

A little more costly but well worth it. Check out their site and watch the video's, also checkout their forum you can get help on just about anything to do with detailing your truck. If you decide to purchase from them enter the code SHINEON for 10% off.

I like to experiment :)

Gets expensive

Just a fraction of what I use

This is my car. Last spring clayed, polished with black fire, sealed with carpro reload, and topped with CG's Pete's 53. Took about a week

Wash using Adams rinse less wash and Adams detail spray

6ed6a58e7af7314461e01546f298e33d.jpg

439b5f04d29bc3d051b7a5c2be533a8f.jpg

fe6c868b38305d8d063abf1d0cb8d2b4.jpg

Ryan

I've been alternating between Meguiars Ultimate Wash (no water version) and the car wash when I don't have time. For wax I'm using some carnauba I have left from my time in Brazil, but will probably move to Meguiars for that too once that's done.

RJNavarrette,

I have many over the counter products. I think the only car products I have mailed ordered were just Redline/Amsoil oils, never appearance products if I recall correctly- although I was close to ordering Collenite Insulator wax at one point.

I think the key is to not over wax. The owner's manual says occasional waxing/polishing just once or twice a year. I've gone overboard in the past and would wash and wax about monthly. I mean, since you just washed it, might as well go ahead and wax now that half the work has just been done.

So, anyway.....look at your equipment and not just the products and your technique! Use good towels and sponges and dont bare down more than necessary.

Other than that, I try to use products that at least smell nice and do not burn my hands or eyes.

Archived