Windshield Wipers

OK, I feel like an idiot for having to ask this but is there a reason why I cant seem to find a wiper blade that fits my 2014 Sierra at any local auto parts store? Do I have to go to the stealership for them? I can find the correct size, but I cant find one that comes with the right connection to the wiper arm. I've tried several brands, ones mentioned on this site, and nothing will connect.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, I feel like an idiot for having to ask this but is there a reason why I cant seem to find a wiper blade that fits my 2014 Sierra at any local auto parts store? Do I have to go to the stealership for them? I can find the correct size, but I cant find one that comes with the right connection to the wiper arm. I've tried several brands, ones mentioned on this site, and nothing will connect.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

First let me get this off my chest...I HATE the word STEALERSHIP. We are not all bad!!!!

Second, no you don't have to go to the dealership to get them but if you don't want to mess around with 3 adapters to put blades on, its worth the trip. And, pricewise, they are near or equal to the price of universal aftermarkets.

First let me get this off my chest...I HATE the word STEALERSHIP. We are not all bad!!!!

Second, no you don't have to go to the dealership to get them but if you don't want to mess around with 3 adapters to put blades on, its worth the trip. And, pricewise, they are near or equal to the price of universal aftermarkets.

If they're the same as the factory blades that came on the truck, I'm assuming they are, then I don't like them. They chattered all the time for me. These Michelin blades aren't the best but definitely a huge step up from the factory wipers. I even put on rain X treatment to help reduce the chatter but that didn't help

I was going to swing by the dealership on the way home to pick up a pair but wanted some clarification on this. The pair of Bosh and Trico I purchased both did not come with the adapters even tho they were supposed to work for my truck.

Thanks for the help

I was going to swing by the dealership on the way home to pick up a pair but wanted some clarification on this. The pair of Bosh and Trico I purchased both did not come with the adapters even tho they were supposed to work for my truck.

Thanks for the help

They most likely were NOT the OE version. If they were NOT the OE version, they will NOT work. I went through this as well and once I found the OE version, they snapped right in. I happen to like the Rain-X Expert Fit B-22-2; Expert Fit includes the OE adapter.

They most likely were NOT the OE version. If they were NOT the OE version, they will NOT work. I went through this as well and once I found the OE version, they snapped right in. I happen to like the Rain-X Expert Fit B-22-2; Expert Fit includes the OE adapter.

Thanks, Ill go give these a try.

I've had great luck with Rain-X Latitude blades. I like them better than the Michelin and anything Trico. You can get them damn near everywhere. I got mine at Home Depot of all places. Didn't know they even sold them until I saw they had a "buy one, get one" sale. Same prices as chain stores and car places. Don't get the bargain Rain-X blades, as they're the same junk as factory blades.

I doubt most people think the dealership employees themselves are that bad. In fact, probably a majority know more about our trucks than most of us. It's the outrageous prices that defines and justifies the 'stealership' monicker. I don't know how you can deny that. I've never found a dealership even slightly competitive on service prices. The service manager at my dealership told me it kills him to have to charge what they do, but a lot of costs/expenses are out of his control. (assuming he was being honest with me)

I use the term stealership due to past experiences, but I know that you are correct. There are a few (very few) good ones out there. Dealerships rank right there with lawyers in my book.

So where are you located? I would like to know of an honest place to deal with other than the one I know 4 states away.

Bosch Icon 22OE - at Walmart. First thing I have to replace on my brand new 2014 was the wiper blades because they chatter. Traded that truck a month ago and got a brand new 2016 . You guessed it.. first thing I have to replace on the 2016 was the wipers again for chatter and skipping. Don't even bother with the dealer and warranty.. all the factory wiper blades suck. Just get the Bosch and be done with it. They take 2 min the change.

Archived