CarPlay Audio Issues in 2016 Silverado

I'm have the same problem. I have tried my iPhone and Android phone and neither work.. I was going to the dealership sometime the week or next week.

Im having the same issues none of my usb ports are acknowledging my ipod or phone which is an android... they will charge but not work to open maps or music

I'm have the same problem. I have tried my iPhone and Android phone and neither work.. I was going to the dealership sometime this week or next week.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I have a question for you guys experiencing the USB issues. My '16 Silverado has the center console so I do not have a USB port in the glovebox. At times while playing music on the USB from either the console or inside the storage area it gets really garbled, speeds up and really can't be used at all, then I lose Bluetooth connection to play from my iPhone and other quirky things. Any ideas or tips? It is CarPlay IO6.

So both ports behave the same? Is it consistently repeatable or is it fairly intermittent? I would recommend recommend verifying it still occurs with a different phone and cable first, because if you don't, that's the first runaround they're going to give you. If it's still occuring, talk to your dealer about replacing the USB port first. It's an extremely cheap and simple replacement. If that doesn't do the trick, then they're going to have to go after the cabled connection between the port and the head unit.

As far as losing Bluetooth, that's going to happen every time you hook your phone to the cabled connection. If it does that regularly when the phone is not hooked up, then you may be looking at an issue with the MyLink unit. Hopefully this helps.

Archived