2009 Wheels and Tires

Hi,

I am a new owner of a 2009 GMC 2500 SLE. I love the truck, but hate the contast of the big truck with the small wheels. Looks like a body build who doesn't do legs.

I am looking to upgrading to larger tires, possibly wheels. I want something to beef up the tires of my truck with a small budget. Any help out there would be great!

Thanks, yall.

Small budget and "E " rated tires really is a tough call. Keep in mind you have to drive it, not just "look" at it.

Easiest is get LT 265 75R 16 E rated . Of course this will make your speedo off, but could improve economy if you do not get aggressive Tread.

Taller tires will change your final gear ratio.

Small budget and "E " rated tires really is a tough call. Keep in mind you have to drive it, not just "look" at it.

Easiest is get LT 265 75R 16 E rated . Of course this will make your speedo off, but could improve economy if you do not get aggressive Tread.

Taller tires will change your final gear ratio.

Agreed with Formula, E rated tires aren't cheap especially if you want to go up in size. I'm running 275/65/20 BFG KO2 on my 2011, the 34" tires definitely filled in and made the truck sit better, but the bigger tires did make my mpg go down slightly, maybe 1-2mpg.

Archived