2008 GMC Sierra service traction control light on

Ryankorn

Question

Went to drive my truck today the service traction control light came on. At first I couldn't shift into drive. Turned truck off then back on lights still on but can shift. Only gear selector started blinking then when I did shift it disappeared. Tried driving a little lost acceleration for a few seconds and tires strarted hoping like if I wer on ice and traction control was on. Tried turning tc off no change in things. Disconnected battery for a little bit didn't help. Any ideas what else to check or do or what it could possibly be? I've heard it could be a few different things. Going to borrow a code reader tomorrow. Any help would be amazing

11 answers to this question

Some of the codes I pulled up today like that one kept mentioning tcm. Could of been a u but not sure at the moment. When it comes to computer problems and stuff like this I'm not too familiar on yet

I can shift the vehicle but the gear indicator light either blinks or doesn't show up

I've changed some sensors myself in the past. I'm not a mechanic but just looked in the owners manual or googled to see where they are. If the TCM isn't too much money id buy one and change it to see what happens. If the TCM is some crazy price id take it to a garage just to be sure. Pay for a diagnosis and change the part yourself.

Archived