Tuner for 2015 Silverado 2500 6.0L

Id recommend you get the highest tune your local octane level will support. Whatever extra you spend at the pump for premium fuel, will be made up by increased MPG. (your truck will get better mpg as timing increases)

You will see some benefits from an 87 tune, but I promise you will like a 91/93 tune better.

Id recommend you get the highest tune your local octane level will support. Whatever extra you spend at the pump for premium fuel, will be made up by increased MPG. (your truck will get better mpg as timing increases)

You will see some benefits from an 87 tune, but I promise you will like a 91/93 tune better.

Would have to be a 4 mpg increase using premium just to break even with the pricing in my area. I really don't see that happening irregardless of what tune anyone uses.

I did the hypertech tuner and really like it. Didnt gain any mpg but did add some snap to shifts and engine. Expensive but what isnt now a day's.

2015 6.0 engine.

Simple to unprogram before going in for any service.

• 5 weeks later...

I used the Superchips Flashpaq along with a cold air intake from air raid and noticed a large difference in performance. Running that along with 91 octane actually gave me a 3-4 mpg increase as long as i dont hammer down the throttle. My only gripe is that it takes about 5 minutes to change between the programs from towing to performance etc. However i contacted the tech from Superchips and i dont remember exactly the weight but i dont often tow something that exceeded it, so he told me there was no reason to switch it all the time. Im getting a lift next week and will be able to use it to reprogram the speedo also. I would definitely recommend it.

I had black bear tune my 2007 classic.I loved it. I gained 2-3mpg and the throttle response was night and day. I had people that also thought it was a waste of money until I had them drive it. They were impressed. I am not out to win races but drive ability and shifting was worth it. It would stay in gear a lot longer when pulling up hills ( less shifting) Now I am debating doing my 2015.5. I just dont have many miles on it and am debating because of warranty. I dont know if somthing happend if they would blame me since they can tell if its been flashed Im told.

You got it right dive ability!!! My truck was hunting for a gears and lots of lag in the throttle response. You need a black bear tune not one of the shelf. The difference is day and night. If you worried about MPG drive a ricer. Cowpie I know you love your 6.0s and I respect that but you are living in the stone age with out a black bear tune. I am looking at getting a new 6.0 soon ,I will get tuned as soon as I can. MPGs and warranty be dammed !

That could be. But my driving style, I have never seen any appreciable difference between stock and tuned. I have driven other's vehicles that had tunes and couldn't tell the difference. If one is a more aggressive style driver, then yes, it might be noticed. But I don't have to deal with on ramps onto freeways in heavy traffic on a daily or even weekly basis, most of my running is rural farm country with hilly two lane roads. I have dealt with tunes on gassers and diesels, and never saw an appreciable difference between that and stock, not enough to even come close to justifying the price. Except on diesels, tuning to delete EGR on them did make a considerable difference in things and would not hesitate to tune up a diesel to shut off EGR.

• 2 months later...

I tried a hypertech and edge cts on my 2011. Sold them both after selling truck. Not messing with my 2015. The dealer can see when you mess with the computer I was told and can mess with the warranty. Not worth the chance to me personally on a new truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived