Chevy's Realtree Silverado Is Now a Real 2016 Truck

Gorehamj

post-139450-0-34596400-1453229238_thumb.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
1/19/2016

The concept Realtree Silverado is a go for production. The 2016 Silverado Realtree Edition. The result of a decades long relationship between General Motors and Realtree, the makers of camouflage, the truck starts as a Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 crew cab model with the Z71 off-road package featuring Rancho monotube shocks, Hill Decent Control, an underbody shield and the G80 auto locking rear differential.. Cammo graphics from Realtree and a Realtree logo on the headrests are the main additions, but Chevy is also adding special blackout trim, black bow ties, off-road assist steps and black 20” wheels with all-terrain tires.

post-139450-0-83891700-1453229290_thumb.jpg

Sandor Piszar, director of Chevrolet Truck Marketing, commented on the new truck trim, saying, “The capability of Chevy trucks has always enabled customers to go where they want to go and that’s the inspiration for the new Silverado Realtree® Edition. Personalized for the outdoorsman, this great-looking, very capable Silverado offers another choice for customers looking for a truck with style, capability and dependability.”

The Silverado Realtree Edition will be on sale this spring. No prices have been announced yet.

Wonder if the "all-terrain" tire will be a real "all-terrain" and not the Goodyear SRA.....

Complain, I did.

When I picked up my 2005 LTZ Z71, I told the dealer that those SRA were no more AT tires than the tires on a Malibu. The sales and service manager agreed, but said it would take GM to cover the costs of a switch.

So, I called GM and filed a complaint and also noted that the Colorado Z71 did have actual AT tires; Goodyear Wrangler Kevlar. After a few calls from two different people at GM, I received a call to contact the dealer service manager and set up an appointment to have the Wrangler AT tires installed.

Dealer made out, by getting paid to swap the tires and they kept the SRAs to sell as used (800 miles) and drove out with a new set of Goodyear Wrangler Kevlar tires. And it is a great tire.

Why must they only package this on loaded trucks? Why not base models too? I'd love a camo GMC...

Also, lose the stupid 20" wheels, they have no business on a truck. 17" is good enough.

I'm also getting sick and tired of 20" wheels. They make the ride rough as hell. Sure, they look good and it's nice as AN OPTION, but no standard.

Just another marketing gimic ! I'm sure they'll sell plenty, but I won't be buying one. At minimum they should put "REAL" all terrain tires on it, give the nose a 2" level, some auxilary lighting and the camo needs to run down the sides, along lower part of the truck. And come on, just in Black ???

I am a huge fan of ReelTree and use only their pattern of products for hunting but there is no way I would buy a vehicle with camo decals and their emblem plastered all over it like his truck.

20" Wheels.....GAY

Low profile tires on a truck....GAY

Giant side steps....GAY

Camo decals....GAY

Top trim level truck destroyed with camo decals....GAY

Good luck selling this truck GM, try building something people actually want, not this GAY thing!

The sidesteps have a purpose. Up here in the snowbelt they are great to stand on and kick your boots clean before getting in the truck. I wont be without a set.

I do not like this all black trend, nor do I like levelling kits. A load in the box or on a trailer will level it nicely.

They will sell a ton of these. Not to me though.

WilliamBos I always thought I was the only one out their that hates that all black look and leveling kits for same reason you put 300lb in your box and it sags. I did have this so call leveling kit put in my truck for my tires and it rolled out of the shop I walked out and walked back in said WTF. The truck ant level I'm sure I see the front end sitting slightly higher then the rear nope no good put 3" blocks on top of the rear diff.Now I have a truck the sits like it should higher in the rear.

I am a huge fan of ReelTree and use only their pattern of products for hunting but there is no way I would buy a vehicle with camo decals and their emblem plastered all over it like his truck.

20" Wheels.....GAY

Giant side steps....GAY

Camo decals....GAY

Good luck selling this truck GM, try building something people actually want, not this GAY thing!

Somebody must have missed their Federal sensitivity training :)

Somebody must have missed their Federal sensitivity training :)

LOL......To be honest, I actually do leave the room at certain points because some of the stuff they try to shove down our throats is unreal!

I just really think that truck is silly. There are other things customers have been asking for for years now and GM doesn't respond. I would be willing to bet GM is getting kickback money from Realtree for those decorations.

20" Wheels.....GAY

Giant side steps....GAY

Camo decals....GAY

Oh shut up! You'll never be able to see it.....................because it's CAMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol

Archived