Leveling a 2016 2500HD

I ended up going with cognito UCAs. Easy install, 45 minutes each side including putting the control arms together with the ball joints and bushings. Here's the before and after with clearance comparison.

a93503994d998dc24a7f851e8daf49ba.jpg

978fa20e10517fbedd0795719884814b.jpg

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guy I know has his cranked way up but his truck is a few years older but those trucks didn't have that droop stop like ours. Its almost like they put it there to keep us from adjusting the springs much

• 1 month later...

Can I ask where you got your wheel well opening moldings? I like those a lot.

they are stock on the GMC. I tried taking them off, as I don't care for them. Problem is the drilled into the fender to put them on so there is no way to remove without body work or putting something in its place. Its the one thing i like better about the Chevy. Think about the dirt and water trap they create.

I ended up going with cognito UCAs. Easy install, 45 minutes each side including putting the control arms together with the ball joints and bushings. Here's the before and after with clearance comparison.

Did you have to install the steering kit with it from Cognito? I think its called a pitman and idler support kit?

Did you have to install the steering kit with it from Cognito? I think its called a pitman and idler support kit?

I did not. Everything has been ok since... other than the stock shocks which I have replaced with bilstein 5100 4". The stock shocks were overextending even with the spacers.

Cpap what does your cv/tierod angles look like?

Crowsie14-PISK is not required to put on with UCA's. doesn't hurt if your running bigger tires or doing boosted launches though.

Did the OP get his answers? Looks like this got hijacked lol. To the OP if you level your ride just know that your front end will wear out faster then it would stock. I wouldnt get crazy cranking up the T-bars as some of have stated. If yours if 4wd it would prob be a good idea to buy some diff drop down spacers as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The angles are a bit off. Going to drop the diff. I contemplated sliding the boot to prevent premature boot failure but feel dropping the diff will serve better.

Archived