Hi all...
I successfully installed Truxedo Lo Pro QT this past weekend...
No modification of the bar. However... It looks like the kit comes with foam insulation for the rear bracket mounts that are too small for the Sierra/Silverado. I guess they are for the Canyon/Colorado. I cut foam to size of brackets and such and everything looks tight. Happy Truckin!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

MORE PICS

I was looking at doing the same thing but didn't want to spend $1800 only to have to cut the cover and mess it up.

Did you only have to cut the brackets closest to the tailgate and not the ones near the back window?

I was looking at doing the same thing but didn't want to spend $1800 only to have to cut the cover and mess it up.

Did you only have to cut the brackets closest to the tailgate and not the ones near the back window?

Exactly, the front ones lay down right on top, the back mounts are the ones that wrap around the edge of the bed to attatch. I hate what a pain it is to post pictures on here so if you want more pictures just pm me your email or phone number and I will send them to you

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all just a heads up. The revolver X2 will not fit with the reg. 6'6" box. Made this mistake. :( Got everything cut and the bars installed but the tonneau scrapes the sport bar and has to be jammed in while rolling. This is because the 6'6" box tonneau has a thicker roll when passing the sport bar. Will try some more tricks tomorrow, hopefully will be able to grind the track of the tonneau cover down to make it fit. Only need about 1/4". If anyone has any ideas please share!

• 2 weeks later...

Khaotic and Schimbo: How did you guys cut the back brackets? Also, did you consider bolting down the back brackets again from the top? It looks like neither of you have re-secured the back bracket. Did you consider shimming the sport bar at all which now looks elevated on the outside given you have slid the cover under it? Finally, is everything functioning normally - the weight of the sport bar doesn't impact the sliding cover does it? Thanks!!! I have been waiting and waiting to make a decision for my GMC Sierra All-Terrain X.

011780ff15f1c5284d9974799514c093.jpg38309d2670f4ddef92aca5f194327291.jpgf04fafae23b7401e8dc6dee780329d4a.jpg

I cut the back bracket with the saw in the picture then grinded it down smooth. I put double sided tape to prevent rattle. The elevated edge is due to the inner part touching the cover rails which is higher. I'm eventually going to run some black caulk to make it look finished. The bar is pretty light (it's hollow) so no problem with use of the bed cover. The sport bar is on there strong. I'm 280 lbs and I can use it to lift myself into the truck and it still doesn't budge. Even with the back not being bolted down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1