Midnight Edition Mods

No Photo's - roll up bed cover , tint, 2" leveling front , Remove Dealership decal & emblems. ONLY the two bowtie's & Z71 (door) stay on the truck . LED's - low , hi , fog , Rev lights , cargo & two pods under the bumper

No Photo's - roll up bed cover , tint, 2" leveling front , Remove Dealership decal & emblems. ONLY the two bowtie's & Z71 (door) stay on the truck . LED's - low , hi , fog , Rev lights , cargo & two pods under the bumper

What size tires are you running with your level?

I got mine tinted in the front windows with 20% to match the rears. Also put a very light 45% on the windshield to cut down on glare from the sun (not a sunglasses guy) and hopefully it keeps some UV rays outs and helps the car keep a tiny bit cooler during the summer. I just ordered an Airaid Jr CIA, and a Flowmaster Outlaw cat-back. I was going to go with a Corsa but I figured I don't have the 6.2 engine, so no need to spend 1200 on an exhaust. I'm about to upgrade these piss poor stock projector halogen lights too. I'm just deciding if I want to keep the stock setup and just add the Morimoto Silverado kit, or get these aftermarket housings (attached) with LED Halos and put HIDs in them. Thoughts on that? I attached a picture what mine looks like right now before all these mods go on. The picture is stock but with the tint on it.

post-153475-0-85827700-1453664182_thumb.jpeg

post-153475-0-57134900-1453664487_thumb.jpeg

I got mine tinted in the front windows with 20% to match the rears. Also put a very light 45% on the windshield to cut down on glare from the sun (not a sunglasses guy) and hopefully it keeps some UV rays outs and helps the car keep a tiny bit cooler during the summer. I just ordered an Airaid Jr CIA, and a Flowmaster Outlaw cat-back. I was going to go with a Corsa but I figured I don't have the 6.2 engine, so no need to spend 1200 on an exhaust. I'm about to upgrade these piss poor stock projector halogen lights too. I'm just deciding if I want to keep the stock setup and just add the Morimoto Silverado kit, or get these aftermarket housings (attached) with LED Halos and put HIDs in them. Thoughts on that? I attached a picture what mine looks like right now before all these mods go on. The picture is stock but with the tint on it.

Do you have reflectors or projectors on your stock housings? Cause if you get the silverado kit and have reflectors then you would definitely not want to be doing that.

Ive tinted front windows, amp research steps, factory exhaust tip, factory gloss black mud gaurds, factory kicker sub, and some weather tech mats.

crappy pic after tint

20150826_155016.jpg

sub20150906_111710.jpg

dont have any pics since steps and guards

Do you have reflectors or projectors on your stock housings? Cause if you get the silverado kit and have reflectors then you would definitely not want to be doing that.

I have projectors. So I can either just get the kit and use the stock housing, or buy those 3rd party housings and put in an H3 HID bulb. I don't care about the high beams. They can stay halogen. I'm just switching the low beams to HID 5500k and the fogs I'll just get replacement LED bulbs to plug in.

I have projectors. So I can either just get the kit and use the stock housing, or buy those 3rd party housings and put in an H3 HID bulb. I don't care about the high beams. They can stay halogen. I'm just switching the low beams to HID 5500k and the fogs I'll just get replacement LED bulbs to plug in.

If you can afford it retrofits are so nice now. The stock aftermarket projectors I got in winjets aftermarkets were terrible.

If you can afford it retrofits are so nice now. The stock aftermarket projectors I got in winjets aftermarkets were terrible.

Even if you replace the halogens with HIDs? I'd love to do the true retrofit with new clear lenses but the guy at lightwerkz told me its 500 dollars in labor alone just to open up the OEM headlight housings because they're such a pain in the ass to work with. How much would the true retrofit cost? I'm basically just trying to get rid of the shitty stock orange halogen OEM look. The 4 Halo look was just going to be a unique add on bonus.

Even if you replace the halogens with HIDs? I'd love to do the true retrofit with new clear lenses but the guy at lightwerkz told me its 500 dollars in labor alone just to open up the OEM headlight housings because they're such a pain in the ass to work with. How much would the true retrofit cost? I'm basically just trying to get rid of the shitty stock orange halogen OEM look. The 4 Halo look was just going to be a unique add on bonus.

Well, I opened mine myself by cutting it with a dremel. Admittedly it isn't clean at all however once you put them in it doesn't matter as you can't tell.

HID kit alone from retrofit is something like 200 bucks. Add another 100-150 for the projectors and thats all it is. If you have the oem projectors I believe you can do a FXR retro real easily. Look at the stickied HID retrofit thread. I think the first or second page will tell you if you can.

Oh and yes, the reason putting hids in halogen projectors isn't very good is because the projectors are designed for halogens. Their beam pattern isn't the most optimal with HIDS. They will improve light output but not to the best that can be done.

Edited by snowbrdd

Well, I opened mine myself by cutting it with a dremel. Admittedly it isn't clean at all however once you put them in it doesn't matter as you can't tell.

HID kit alone from retrofit is something like 200 bucks. Add another 100-150 for the projectors and thats all it is. If you have the oem projectors I believe you can do a FXR retro real easily. Look at the stickied HID retrofit thread. I think the first or second page will tell you if you can.

Oh and yes, the reason putting hids in halogen projectors isn't very good is because the projectors are designed for halogens. Their beam pattern isn't the most optimal with HIDS. They will improve light output but not to the best that can be done.

Got ya. I'll go take a look at that thread. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...