Can the LED lights from a 2016 LTZ plug & play into a 2016 LT?

I have a 2016 Silverado LT2 and do have the new style projector bulbs and LED running light strips in the reworked front end vs the 2015 style... but I like LED lights more than bulbs. Anyone have the smarts to have looked into it to know if the LTZ lights would plug and play into an LT? The LTZ has LED front signal lights and tail lights where the LT has bulbs. Not saying I will do it, but it would be nice to know if it's possible so my truck would have the same look as an LTZ.

Thanks

Yeah... it turns out the signal lenses are part of the whole HID headlamp assembly... the bezel trim makes them look separate, but they aren't... so I won't be changing the entire assemblies just to be fussy about signal lamp styles

• 8 months later...

I can confirm that the tail light connectors that plug underneath the bed (by the spare tire) are the same on 2016, but they are NOT plug and play. You will get HyperFlash and the DIC message that. You will need to add resistors to each tail light. I also tried to get the dealer to reprogram the BCM to avoid putting resistors, but that was a no go. He initially told me $60 "no problem, we'll flash the LTZ program onto your LT". An hour later, he came back with the bad news. He said that the tech called Tech Assist and was told they have no "calibrations" to make this happen. He said if I had a 3/4 or 1 ton, that they have the calibrations to do it then because this is an option for Chassis Cabs.

I ended up getting a pre-terminated pigtail harness with integrated resistors built in from Gen5DIY.

I can post photos of the connectors, the pig tail harness, etc., if anyone is curious.

Edited by pgamboa

LTZ headlights can be run on LT trucks. This requires a repin of the LT connector and an canbus decoder. Look for a post from

DBeto54, he converted his 2014 lt silverado to a 2016 front end using LTZ lights.

I was sharing my experience with 2016 LTZ Tail Lights on my 2016 LT Truck. The connectors on a 2016 LT truck are the same for these LTZ tail lights.

• 1 year later...