Low Beams

I have a new 2015 Silverado 3500HD High Country. Are the low beams supposed to be this dim. If I didn't run the fog lamps would be unable to see anything. The highway I drive to home is loaded with deer. I couldn't see one in time if my life depended on it. Is anyone else having this problem? Are there brighter bulbs out there. Didn't have this problem with my 09.

Last night was the first chance I had to drive some back country roads at night since getting my truck 2 weeks ago, and I am satisfied with my lights.

I really think if they were any brighter, and because of the heights of these trucks, oncoming drivers wouldn't be able to see appropriately.

My truck height is stock. I switched out the tires right away because the stock tires are worthless in ice and snow, but other than a little wider the height is the same. Maybe it is just the bulbs in my truck. I will have them checked at the dealership.

I really think if they were any brighter, and because of the heights of these trucks, oncoming drivers wouldn't be able to see appropriately.

I'm sorry, I don't worry about the other drivers. I want to be able to see what is in MY way. Adjust them up a little and put in Sylvania silverstar zxe bulbs and see if that helps. I did mine and am finally satisfied, (not happy), but satisfied with them for now.

I'm sorry, I don't worry about the other drivers. I want to be able to see what is in MY way. Adjust them up a little and put in Sylvania silverstar zxe bulbs and see if that helps. I did mine and am finally satisfied, (not happy), but satisfied with them for now.

Ok so your one of the I don't care about other people on the road but that's ok you will get stopped sooner or later by law enforcement or when you blind someone in oncoming traffic and they run into you then you will care.

I've been brighted once since I've done the bulbs. I keep my following at a maximum distance so I'm not blinding anyone from the rear. At least I don't have the brightest lights you can buy in the truck or retrofitted HID lights in. I believe HIDs are brighter and more of a nuisance than my silverstar bulbs. I merely have my lights adjusted enuf to see whats going to be coming down the road ahead of my trip.

What was the build date on your truck? 15's built before 12/27 (or so) have a TSB for brighter bulbs and bcm flash to increase volt output. I had the update and much iimproved. Still not great but much better on sides.

Google 15 Sierra headlight illumination issues TSB and pull up a chair.

I've been brighted once since I've done the bulbs. I keep my following at a maximum distance so I'm not blinding anyone from the rear. At least I don't have the brightest lights you can buy in the truck or retrofitted HID lights in. I believe HIDs are brighter and more of a nuisance than my silverstar bulbs. I merely have my lights adjusted enuf to see whats going to be coming down the road ahead

It does not matter what bulbs you have in projector style headlights, so long as the beam pattern is adjusted so it does not blind on coming traffic. I believe you said " I don't worry about other drivers". I do, so mine are adjusted properly, and bright.

You need to get the bcm flash and lamps. I just had it done and it's a lot better. Not as bright as I think they should be, but bright enough for the deer highway I live on.

He has a Silverado, the bcm flash and bulb replacement is for GMC

Archived